Being induced tomorrow, share your experiences here!

According to the monitor I had some contractions quite consistent that I couldn't feel at all.

Just had a nap and my discharge is very much very.. Gooey and different, so yeah maybe if he doesn't come for the induction he's coming soon ish..

Good luck!!! Baby might come on his own tonight! I was worried about peeing and pooping too. Dr gave me the "everybody poops, including him" lecture. By the time labor had progressed I didn't even care anymore lol. If you get an epidural you will have a catheter. If not yiu probably won't care by that time! Hope things come soon for you!

I have a positive story for you :)

My appointment was booked for 18th May 2012. When we got there, we were waiting around for what seemed like hours so I completely lost track of time.
Some time in the afternoon, the midwife put a pessary in and told me that most ladies do not have any reaction to it but nevertheless, she told us not to leave the hospital anyway....

Around 4:30pm, I really wanted a McDonalds and it was only over the road so we decided to walk there to get myself some fries and a McFlurry. While I was there I started getting some period type pains and was struggling to eat. I laughed it off.
It was only when we started walking back to the hospital that I actually realised I was in labour, DH turned to me and said 'these cramps are happening every 2mins.'
Oops..
Luckily, I made it back to the hospital without collapsing and when I got there I had to stop with each contraction. The midwife measured me straight away and I was 5cm!
I stayed upright and moving for as long as possible but it didn't last very long. Eventually I was laying on the bed with gas and air and DH was fanning me with every contraction.
Before I knew it, it was time to push! to be honest, the pushing is nowhere near as painful as the contractions until the head is nearly out. as I was pushing the head out, the midwife said 'when I tell you to just stop and....before she could finish her sentence I pushed the head straight out. I knew I was going to tear so I didn't want to prolong the pain. And there she was. total time of labour 2 hour 17mins (from when midwife measured me at 5cm dilated). DD was born 7lb 9oz :):)

Had pessary at 10pm. Had a few aches, mainly had a headache n didn't sleep til 3am due to the terrible heat in these rooms!

Had paracetomol n few hours sleep, have a constant tight ache. Currently have an ache that feels a bit more intense than a moment ago.. Feel almost like full down there like I have a tennis ball down there. Obviously the pessary is there. Nearly fell out I've had strange gooey discharge so almost just wanting to glide out.

One thing that is stressing me out. I haven't had a BM since the night before and i don't particularly NEED one, I'm scared I'll need one when there's so much going on etc and it'll be difficult for me to have one. I just almost want to have one so I feel lighter and prepared. Hopefully after some breakfast I may need one. Cuz sometimes I get crampy when I need one and I don't want to mistake it for progress with being induced if it's not!!

Ladies this is gonna be long!!

Not necessarily. For me I felt the urge to have a bm in very early labour - contractions were 8mins apart. Please don't stress about pooing. With my first I was pushing for so long and then had a reaction to the diamorpheine and the results weren't pleasant. The mws cleaned me up and never mentioned anything to me. They have seen everything before!

Dont worry about the pooing - you wont even really know if you do, and i promise you wont care a less either. Most women do and they see it daily they are very discreet and i didnt even know till my beloved husband told me a few days later.

Good luck!:flower:

I do have a bad experience which I won't share, as it was more the neglect of the midwifes than the actual birth that was bad. If I was monitored it would of probably just been a fast, but normal birth!

The contractions can creep up on you, as there isn't always the build up like if you go into labour naturally but contractions are gonna come either way!!

I don't have any stories, but I have seen you in here for awhile! Good luck!

Wishing you a speedy and safe delivery hun! It's the most amazing experience ever! Hope the induction takes and goes fast! Keep us posted!!

He's here!!!!!!! I will update with my labour story tomorrow!

Congrats Brighteyes!! Looking forward to reading the birth story :)

Congratulations!! Looking forward to hearing your birth story! Enjoy your new little bundle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->