Being Induced

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
I am being induced this thurs due to some problems and they are using the drip due to my waters being gone.

My uterus has been contraction every since they broke 4days ago and its extremely painful yet doing bugger all.

What was your experiance of being induced this way and did it all go to plan?

Im very scared

i'm not sure if it's exactly the same, i had my waters broken and then was put on the hormone drip. i found it difficult to manage the pain well once i was on the drip and monitor as i was confined to the bed, at that point the epuidural was really useful.

once the epidural kicked in it was great i didn't feel a thing, unfortunately my little boy got stuck so i ended up having an emergency c-section.

i know it's scary going to be induced but at least it gives you a bit more control in that you'll have time to talk through your birth plan with the midwives and sort out any pain relief you might want. all the best honey, you'll have a beautiful baby girl by the end of the week just think about that :hugs:

I was induced they broke my water and put me on a pictocin drip and the pictocin just really made the contractions alot stronger and alot closer together especially when I got down to about half of the bag thats when it got really bad. I had an epidural after that and all was well. Good luck hun! :hugs:

hun i was so scared too... i really was.. click on my journal and you can see my links to my posts when I was in hospital!!

All I can say is that whatever pain your in and how ever it goes its all sooooooooooooooo worth it

:hugs: sweetie XXX

here it is https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/50024-im-being-induced.html

I was lucky, my induction was quick and relatively painless (not that was saying that at the time) I didnt need the drip and only had one pessary and it all kicked off and was only 15ish hours from the pessary to birth.

Good luck, I'm a strong believer that its mind over matter, adn it will all be worth it

:hug:

I was induced...it wasnt as bad as i was expecting to be honest i was scared to have it done...but everything went very well..

I think my birth story is on the first or second page of birth announcements. I was induced, and had a drip but I ended up doing it naturally and had a really lovely birth experience even though I was induced and LO was back to back. :)

I think my birth story is on the first or second page of birth announcements. I was induced, and had a drip but I ended up doing it naturally and had a really lovely birth experience even though I was induced and LO was back to back. :)

jealous!!! lol!!

my contracts were soooooooo intense in my back I didnt think I would cope, way to go you!!

I have nothing to compare it to, but the back pain was pretty immense. Plus I've been told the drip brings them on quicker and closer together? I didn't get up once during labour. I was lying on my side in bed the whole time. So knackered!

yeah I had the drip too!!

Prostin gel, which gave me prostin pains, drip and had my waters broken and they got me walking around, :shock:

I was so swollen I couldn walk!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->