Being sick a while after solids!

charlie07

Reaction score
It's happened 2 days now, since I started giving her pear, although even on rice once a day, she can be a little sicky.

Anyway, 2 days ago, I gave Gabbi rice and an ice cube of pear puree at her morning feed, at 11 am and then gave her milk. She more or less had it all. I finally put her to bed at about 1pm, she woke approx 1/2 hour later for 5 mins, I went back in when she went quiet and she was asleep.

When she finally woke, I got her up and saw she had been sick, pear, probably when she woke. So that would have been approx 2 1/2 hours after she started feeding.

The, last night, she had a little rice, then her milk and finished with some rice. She lets me know when she's had enough, she almost ate it all, so I knew she'd had enough. But then, approx. 2 hours later, she was sick, not loads but more than just spit up which she tends to do with just milk.

Previous to these 2 days, it was more spit up with the rice, sickly once. She's now been on rice for 8 days, pear for 2 days, this is the third.

Could it be that her stomach is getting used to new foods or could it be that pear doesn't suit her?

Thanks girls x

Maybe stop giving her pear and try something else? The reason I say this is because pear is the food that made Aaron very ill the first time we tried to wean him. It began with him being sick a few hours after having pear too. It's probably nothing to be worried about, but I'd try a different puree just to be on the safe side.

Ally wasn't good with pear. Still isn't.

Strawberries have been the worst for us. He vomited over me and himself and the stairs. I had to change both of us from top to toe! won't be giving that to him again any time soon...

i would try something different and see if its the pear. maddi had a terrible reaction to potato, so now we have to stay well away from them x

Could be the pear, I would go with something else as well. Luckily we haven't had any problems with Hannah getting sick off of foods

Thanks everyone.

I gave her apple and pear mixed and she seemed ok with that!! No sick.

She loves banana, but found that she didn't do a No. 2 all yesterday, so will leave off it for a while

Pear is good if they are constipated and banana's really seem to clog them up!

How about making a puree of apple, pear and prune. I did this and it really helps keep them regular plus its pretty yummy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->