beliefs.

megrenade

Reaction score
"Never. It's nonsense." means YOU WON'T LET THEM BELIEVE THEY ARE REAL AT ALL! sorry for the confusion! :)

at what age did you, or are you going to break the news to your children/future children about Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny not being real?

I was 5 or 6 when my dad told me, and it really wasn't a big deal.. I kind of already knew it was just my parents, haha.

what do you think?

I'm not really sure. I'm about to have a panic attack just thinking about my future kids finding out they were lied to :rofl:

I voted that I would let them figure it out for themselves - I don't want to be the one who burst their bubble, however if we are getting to the age of about 16 and they still haven't worked it out then I may have to have a gentle word!

I voted that I would let them figure it out for themselves - I don't want to be the one who burst their bubble, however if we are getting to the age of about 16 and they still haven't worked it out then I may have to have a gentle word!

WSS^^. My mum let me figure it out myself, though I spent 2 years trying to stay up late enough so I could catch my mum putting my presents from santa in my room before I knew for sure x

I put let them figure it out for themselves, that's what I did. As you get older it starts to become fairly obvious. Especially with the fact that you can buy Easter eggs from the supermarket.

I voted let them figure it out on their own..i think 5-6 is far to early to be brought into reality. whats the point in them knowing so soon? christmas is then just crap, nothing special or exciting about it!

But if they haven't figured out by the time they go to high school..i'll have to tell them!

I will let them figure it out by themselves. Thats how I did it, I remember my we went christmas shopping, I was about 9 and my sister was 5, she got out the car when we got home and I quickly turned to my mum and said 'if santa clause was real then why are there so many of him' (round shopping centres etc). She then replied 'because he is so busy'. I could just tell by the look on her face so I said 'Mummy, your santa aren't you!' She nodded and told me not to tell my sister, who still believed in him for a few years after :) x

I think santa is cool though! I want to see my childrens smiling faces as we put mince pies and carrots out on christmas eve and see how happy they look when 'santa' has got them presents the next day! I think its magical! x

We won't be doing Santa or the Easter bunny or any of that with our kids. I didn't vote cause I wasn't sure if the first option meant that or not. Confusing wording - does it mean "we'll never tell them they are real" or "we'll never tell them they aren't real"?

I think santa is cool though! I want to see my childrens smiling faces as we put mince pies and carrots out on christmas eve and see how happy they look when 'santa' has got them presents the next day! I think its magical! x

mince pies & carrots? in the US we set out cookies & milk - haha.

We won't be doing Santa or the Easter bunny or any of that with our kids. I didn't vote cause I wasn't sure if the first option meant that or not. Confusing wording - does it mean "we'll never tell them they are real" or "we'll never tell them they aren't real"?

Oh sorry - "No, it's nonsense." means you won't ever tell them.

Thanks for clarifying :) Have voted.

Thanks for clarifying :) Have voted.

I don't want to tell my kids either - why tell a kid something, when a few years later they find out it wasn't real? I always thought, "why'd you lie to me?" - haha.

Yeah. It seems counter productive to start off lying to our children about Santa and then expect them to believe us in other matters. :shrug: Nor do I want to give some strange fat man credit for the gifts we buy our kids :rofl:

Yeah. It seems counter productive to start off lying to our children about Santa and then expect them to believe us in other matters. :shrug: Nor do I want to give some strange fat man credit for the gifts we buy our kids :rofl:

Haha, very true! :thumbup:

When or if he mentions them, ill swiftly tell him of there non-existence :lol:
We celebrate neither xmas or easter so he really shouldnt be too bothered.

I won't be telling my children until they start secondary school age 11,i got told when I was 11 and I refused to believe that he wasn't real but Christmas's were never the same after that!

Just make sure your child doesn't end up telling all of the kids at school that there's no such thing as Santa, or there'll be a lot of tears! :rofl:

It's kind of like a collective lie, it works because everyone does it and no harm comes from it.

I can remember feeling a little bit disappointed when my parents confirmed he wasn't real but to be honest I had 'known' he wasn't for the last couple of years and had been asking loads of questions. Children naturally become more inquisitive and less gullible as they get older so I don't think you have to tell them at a certain age, they'll figure it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->