beliefs.

My 6 year old still believes in father christmas, tooth fairy and the easter bunny.......... i wouldnt want to ruin the magic for her, when she figures it out by herself then fine but i want it to last as long as possible xxx

I just think it is a gradual thing and they will find out/realise from peers and probably common sense too.

Yeah. It seems counter productive to start off lying to our children about Santa and then expect them to believe us in other matters. :shrug: Nor do I want to give some strange fat man credit for the gifts we buy our kids :rofl:

Just make sure your child doesn't end up telling all of the kids at school that there's no such thing as Santa, or there'll be a lot of tears! :rofl:

We'll be homeschooling so that's not an issue either :) But ya, otherwise would definitely make sure they know not to spoil it for other kids. Semi-related, I got the birds and bees talk when I was in pre-school (my parents believed in answering honestly when we inquired about things) only they didn't tell me not to pass it on... and I caused a huge ruckus at pre-school and had all the 3 and 4 year old girls in hysterics after telling them that they had eggs in them like chickens :rofl:

I don't tell my kids that Santa is real, instead we play a big game of 'lets pretend' with Santa etc. That way they don't tell other kids as they're all playing as well lol.

I think Ella won't believe the whole Santa thing for much longer (she's 5 1/2). Afterall, she never believed that I ordered Louie from the Next catalogue :shrug:

I found out Santa was real when i realised my Mum and Dad weren't giving me any xmas presents... :haha: No, i found all my presents in Mums wardrobe and i grew up with my cousins who are older so when they found out aged 8 i found out aged 6. :(
I'll let Evelyn figure it out for herself :)
I think its nice for kids to believe, keeps them innocent that little bit longer.

we are probably a bit odd in that we wont be doing presents from santa, or leaving cookies or a key etc.

santa claus was an actual person - St Nick! - so there will still be cards, and 'listening for bells' but none of that 'oh look father christmas has given you presents!' stuff.; i think 'he' is still very much a part of the christmas imagery, i just dont think the lie has to go along with it :lol:

so i guess there will be nothing for Harrison to figure out :shrug:

I told Dan when he was 10, the year before he started secondary school, he said he already knew and was just waiting for me to tell him, he didnt want to upset me because he was my only child, bless his little heart.

We have never done the Easter bunny.

Tooth fairy Dan caught me so that was that !!!! lol

Think my eldest figured it all out for himself at somepoint, not sure when for Santa but pretty sure the tooth fairy thing was when the tooth fairy had to pay for a tooth in change as that was all I had pretty much to my name at that point in his life

i figured it out myself and will let jake do the same thing.

Aaww I put It's Nonsense! But I didn't read the thread and thought you were talking about religion!!!

I'd go for Let the figure it out :O)

Mine still believe at 5 and 7 and not even in any doubt lol.

I always believed, I worked it out for myself and didn't suffer any psychological effects :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->