belly bands- post pregnancy

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
I was looking around ebay for something, and randomly came across shrinkx
I have heard of belly bands for after pregnancy, but this also had a hip "shrinker".
Now, my hips HAVE gotten wider, even before I had gained any weight I had some trouble getting my jeans over my hips, and I'm wider to begin with. The explanation does make a lot of sense, and it's fairly cheap.
Has anyone had any experience with this? Or the belly band compressor?
This company or any others?

Stalking this. I haven't gone down this route with either of my other two but considering it this time. Xx

I have never used one before but I did cough up the money for the Belly Bandit this time around since this may very well be my last baby and I'll take all the help I can get to get back my figure! It has rave reviews...so who knows!

I had shrinx with my last baby...I wore it home from the hospital..and for about 8 weeks straight...I can't say if it did the trick, but I was definitely slimmer than I was pre pregnancy...I lost bd 15 pounds on top of all the baby weight... I was ebf also...

Also to add, I wore it directly on my hip bones...it was a little uncomfortable, but I had a positive feeling about it.

Also to add, I wore it directly on my hip bones...it was a little uncomfortable, but I had a positive feeling about it.

Thanks! Did you use the hip or belly one?
I'm feeling pretty positive about getting my stomach back, it's my hips I'm worried about.

Don't know if these are the something's but I brought a bellefit to wear after. I was told they do an awesome job just make sure you get the right size and they are expensive.

Ive heard good things on the bellefit...was going to order one this week, wondering if anyones had success with a cheaper option though? I really dont want to buy two, like they reccomend!

I'm buying a Belly Bandit (gently used, since I'll need to buy two sizes, and they're not cheap!) but that's the only brand I've looked into. I'm really bad about following through with plans though...like, I never moisturizer my bump even though I have some lovely pregnancy oils and creams, lol...so I hope I can commit to wearing it consistently! They seem to get great results!!

I forgot to add that it took me a little under 8 months to lose the baby weight and the extra 15 pounds.... But the shrinx i wore for 8 weeks... I feel confident to use it again this time around.

Just wanted to update real quick - now that baby is here, I've been wearing my Belly Bandit for three days now and I TOTALLY see a difference in how it's flattening my post baby bump. I'm definitely encouraged by the results so far. It barely closed the first day I put it on, and within three days I can velcro it tighter without having to lay on a bed. Pretty awesome! Wish I'd taken pictures from the start.

Just wanted to update real quick - now that baby is here, I've been wearing my Belly Bandit for three days now and I TOTALLY see a difference in how it's flattening my post baby bump. I'm definitely encouraged by the results so far. It barely closed the first day I put it on, and within three days I can velcro it tighter without having to lay on a bed. Pretty awesome! Wish I'd taken pictures from the start.

Thanks for updating, and congrats on your new LO!! I'm so happy to hear you say it's working because I picked mine up yesterday. Did you buy one or two? I bought two gently used bamboo ones (M and XS) and the woman I bought them from is only 12 weeks postpartum with her third child (she never used the belly bandit with her first two) and she looks FANTASTIC! You'd never know she just had a baby, and she had gained about 40 lbs like me! I'm excited to use mine :happydance:

I bought the belly band, and look forward to using it. Have not heared about the one about the hips. But honestly I'd dont think I want them to shrink lol. I naturally have large hips to begin with and have always admired how it makes my waist look smaller then what it is. For me, the bigger the better! Plus I do want more kids in the future and to go through my hips spreading again would be a pain in the ass. Literally

Randa - I was sized by a clerk at the maternity store when I was in my third trimester and told to buy a small. I had gained about 40-45 pounds with my pregnancy and my belly seemed large to me, so I was very skeptical. :|

Anyway it took me about five days postpartum for my uterus to contract enough to actually get it on, but within just a few days I was slim enough to strap it on without having to lay back on the bed. We'll see if I eventually need an XS but as it stands I still have a decent amount of room with the S that I have.

This is my third as well and I've never used anything like this with previous children. I'm already back in my jeans - not the skinnies but getting there! For 9 days postpartum, that's amazing for me! It always took me WEEKS if not months to regain anything close to my prepregnancy figure so I'm a very happy camper.

Ok.... This sounds fantastic. I'm going to go check them out right now.

Which do you ladies recommend? Belly bandit or shrinkx??

Randa - I was sized by a clerk at the maternity store when I was in my third trimester and told to buy a small. I had gained about 40-45 pounds with my pregnancy and my belly seemed large to me, so I was very skeptical. :|

Anyway it took me about five days postpartum for my uterus to contract enough to actually get it on, but within just a few days I was slim enough to strap it on without having to lay back on the bed. We'll see if I eventually need an XS but as it stands I still have a decent amount of room with the S that I have.

This is my third as well and I've never used anything like this with previous children. I'm already back in my jeans - not the skinnies but getting there! For 9 days postpartum, that's amazing for me! It always took me WEEKS if not months to regain anything close to my prepregnancy figure so I'm a very happy camper.

I wasn't sure if I should do the small or medium... Hoping the medium isn't too big almost right away. I haven't gained much in any other areas, and everyone always says I'm "all belly". It is really quite big!!

I bought the hip one from shrinkx.
Waiting for it to arrive. I got the m-l, or m-xl.
I'm wide to begin with, but hope I got the right size. I'm size 6 in jeans.
I can't wait to get some kind of figure back!

I wasn't sure if I should do the small or medium... Hoping the medium isn't too big almost right away. I haven't gained much in any other areas, and everyone always says I'm "all belly". It is really quite big!!

You'll probably be fine with the medium for a few weeks! I'd might have preferred a medium one to start, but I know I would have eventually needed a small and man I don't want to pay another 70 bucks if I can avoid it. SO! I'll squeeze myself into the small even if it gets a bit uncomfortable at times. :laugh2:

I also wanted to note that I haven't been wearing it around the clock like a lot of people advise. I usually wear it during the day, rarely at night - I aim to wear it for at least 8 hours a day. Still seems to have a pretty good body-sculpting effect - I feel like I look a bit slimmer everyday! (Of course, I am pumping milk and dropping about a pound a day as well, so that helps.) If you wear it constantly it probably does an even better job. I'm just poorly-disciplined with stuff like that. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->