Belly button pain

Expecting1

Reaction score
For a while now I've had really sharp pain behind my belly button, sort of on the right side and I have to push on it to make it feel like it WON'T split open!!!
It's completely random and it really hurts :cry:
Anyone else? Any advice?

hmmm...it could be a diastasis - where the superficial abdominal muscle begins to split away from the connective tissue. do you feel a lump there? specifically when you're lying down with your knees bent and feet on the floor while lifting your head and neck up?

No lump but my tummy goes into a weird point when I do that :shock: (I've noticed if I try to get up without using my arms lol) Is that what you mean?

Yes, that is definitely a diastasis. :( but at least you now know! and can work on it! and it can also go away after birth if you work on it diligently (meaning you get the musculature to re-engage with the connective tissue). Look up the Tupler technique exercises. I'm not sure how much can be done during pregnancy (you can work on your deep abdominal engagement during pregnancy) but you can really make an impact after baby is born!

don't do that lifting the head off the floor anymore thing causing a point (spinal flexion)! that was just to diagnose the issue - you don't want to make it worse. how far along are you?

oh i see - 27 weeks. i might get worse b/c you'll continue to grow causing more space b/w the muscle. i'd suggest seeing a pilates teacher (like me!) that can teach you how to tone your TVA so it doesn't get too much worse.

It could also be a umbilical hernia, has your belly button started to protrude or pop out yet?

oh i see - 27 weeks. i might get worse b/c you'll continue to grow causing more space b/w the muscle. i'd suggest seeing a pilates teacher (like me!) that can teach you how to tone your TVA so it doesn't get too much worse.

Thank you :) I googled a little and I hate google! haha Ill see if my MW can recommend anyone in the area :)

It could also be a umbilical hernia, has your belly button started to protrude or pop out yet?

No, It's sort of closed up lol I can see the 'inside' hole from my old piercing so that part has come out but the pokey belly button I've seen on other women hasn't happened yet :)

i have this right above my belly button to the right....i don't know what it is either but it HURTS real bad! i tried laying on my back and lifting my head and neck but nothings popped out. i wonder if its babes bum bruising me from the inside or something?? i just hope it goes away soon

Well I got my answer and shocked a midwife haha it is diastasis and it's pretty bad :( I'm booked with physio in two weeks but she's given me orders to wear support pants until she can see me.
Thank you for your replies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->