• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Belly button piercing

Talia12

Reaction score
Sooo...since my tiny bump is just starting to make the skin across my belly button strain, I swapped my steel ring for a maternity one I got on eBay, plastic flexible one. It was mega long so I trimmed it which was pretty stupid because now I realise the length is so it can flex outwards as you grow, but I'll just buy another one since it was like £3 haha.

My question was have any of you ladies used one of these, and did you think it worked? It's not as flexible as I thought it would be and I'm worried it might migrate even though it's designed for pregnancy (granted would probably help if I hadn't cut it shorter). I just really love my piercing and I don't wanna have to get it redone after baby so ideally I'd like to keep the hole open BUT i don't want to cause a tear/stretched hole. Anyone used one? If not has anyone taken their ring out completely and not had the hole close up, and if so at what stage did you do that?

Thanks! :flower:

With my first I took it out when it got tight and began stretching. I did not use a flexible bar as I think they look awful, but that’s just me.
I had the piercing for long enough before him (several years) that when I was ready to wear jewellery in it again I just had my piercer stick a small taper through the existing (but tight) piercing hole and put jewellery in it for me. The taper was a bit painful bit definitely not bad.

I'm still wearing my maternity bar! The skin didn't stretch lengthways, just width ways so I didn't need to worry about it being too short. Strangely even though the skin stretched the actual hole is still the same size. If you've had the piercing a long time it shouldn't close up completely if you do decide to take it out. It was a bit too obvious with tighter tops on because there was nowhere for it to go once my belly button popped out

Ahh thanks ladies!
I actually managed to find a really nice maternity bar with sparkly balls and since I cut the plastic bit down, you really can't tell it's not a normal ring (at the moment, anyway!) Good to know about the taper thing, I was assuming I'd just have to have it repierced if it closed, and was worried they wouldn't get the hole in the same place - is the taper something they do quite slowly/carefully? I don't want two holes! (Ermm......not in my belly button anyway!) :rofl:

I will have had the piercing 3 years by the time baby is due, is that long enough for it not to close completely do you think?

Actually that's a good point about tighter tops, I remember how much my button popped out with my first pregnancy and that could look pretty silly with a ring on top. Guess I'll take it out those days hadn't thought of that!

I'm actually dreading taking mine out because it took almost 4 years to fully heal for me (my body is bad with piercings) and now I have a scar on my eyebrow where the piercing didn't take to well to my eyebrow and just fell out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->