belly button?

babytibby

Reaction score
My lo's cord came of within 7 days and hs been fine, just bit of scabbing etc but the mw's and hv's have all said its cleaned up nicely.

However, I have just changed her nappy and it seems there is a bit of blood on the scabbing and it looks worse

Is this anything to worry about and should I get it looked at or just clen it up myself and see what happens?

Hi, my LO had this and my HV said not to worry, it's probably just old blood that's been sitting inside it. Keep it clean and it should clear up in a few days, my LO's did. Although if there's a lot of it or you're just worried, ring your HV and see what she says :)

Thank you. I was just taken aback a little with it this morning.

I shall clean it up and keep it clean and see what happens over the next 24 hours or so

My lo belly button was bleeding on and off until the scab fell off at 3 weeks old. The midwife just said to leave it open to the air as much as poss and not to worry unless it got red and angry looking around the belly button.

Agree with the above. Fold down LO's nappy as well so that it's not covering their belly button. We used a cotton bud with some warm water to gently clean Alex's belly button at bath time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->