belly touching?

BrEeZeY

stay at home wifey&&momma
Reaction score
does it bother anyone else when ppl touch ur belly or tlk to it? :shrug:

i know we arent far along but my mom started doing this and it bothers me so much, and she did it when i was pregnant with my son and it didnt bother me so when i asked her not to she got really pushy about the subject and does it anyways....:nope:

can i ask why it bothers you so much?

if it were a random stranger in the street i would be abit wtf! but my OH does it now and did with LO, my mum did it all the time with LO and so did MIL and loads of other people they havnt done yet but were all abit paranoid with my having mcs, i cant see why it would bother you if its your mum? xx

My boyf huggs my belly and kisses it and was trys to feel something bless him..! Think he is besotted but quite scared as well.

i don't know i think its just a natural reaction. my colleague did it when i was only 7 weeks and it surprised me a bit.. then i found myself doing it to another colleague last night she's about 6 months & has got a lovely big bump now, i said 'aww little one is getting big!' and without thinking my hand shot out and rubbed her bump! wasn't even a conscious decision :dohh: lol xx

can i ask why it bothers you so much?

if it were a random stranger in the street i would be abit wtf! but my OH does it now and did with LO, my mum did it all the time with LO and so did MIL and loads of other people they havnt done yet but were all abit paranoid with my having mcs, i cant see why it would bother you if its your mum? xx

honestly idk DH doing it doesnt bother me or when LO gives me kisses on the stomach but it really bothers me when she does it

she did it when i was pregnant with my son and it never bothered me but it does now and i have no idea why... she was in the room with me when my son was born and he stopped crying when he heard her and idk why it bothered me soooo much... i kinda think it has to do with her constantly comparing my parenting to hers n how her style is better

I hate it too, I am not a touchy feely person and like my personal space. I completely understand you, and why should anyone be touched if they don't want to be?!!! Just gently remind people if it bothers you x

it doesn't really bother me when people touch my belly...just don't talk to it :haha:

It only bothers me because right now, it's all bloat and too many cheeseburgers. Now when I get to actually showing because of the baby, it won't bother me as much.

It wouldn't bother me if it were my mom or a close friend etc... but when I get big enough that random strangers try to touch my belly... well... not sure about that one! I've not been through it yet- but I can see why that would be irritating. My hubby touches my tummy and talks to the baby already- but obviously that's different. lol.

It's a personal thing... and maybe just let your mom know you'd appreciate her respecting you on this one.

Best of luck!!!!

It would bother me too. I am all about my personal space. I suppose if someone asked me to touch my belly I would grit my teeth and deal with it, but to just touch me without warning? No way. I am so fastidious about maintaining space because of past trauma. Knowing why I am the way I am doesn't make it any easier.:nope:

It doesnt bother me, friends and family wise, but once a random stranger in Asda did it(i was about 8 months gone with my son) and she started rubbing it asking when I was due etc. I felt like decking her to be honest and thought that was so rude, id never dream of doing that!

JayBear: I'm with you girl. Friends and family are fine, they want to connect with the little miracle. But I have a sneaking suspicion that when the first stranger goes for the belly, I will Jackie Chan them in the throat!

JayBear: I'm with you girl. Friends and family are fine, they want to connect with the little miracle. But I have a sneaking suspicion that when the first stranger goes for the belly, I will Jackie Chan them in the throat!

PMSL....You go girl :haha:

Someone on here suggested that when a stranger tries touch ur belly just say "but im not pregnant"!! Thought that was a great idea.

Found it so sweet when my boyf put his hand on my stomach the first time. We were in bed, and now every time he does it it makes me feel really relaxed and happy. Although there is def something there now (i know bloat not baby, but i dont care, it looks like a tiny bump!!) and i kind of feel like i want to suck it in to prove its not fat, but i cant!! Cant wait for a proper bump!!

No one touches my baby bump except for my oh or ds i am very personal space oriented. My last pregnancy i was in the mall some stranger came up and tryed rubbing my belly so i started rubbing hers she looked at me bewildered. she asked why i was rubbing her belly and i asked why she was rubbing mine her reply was because i had such a cute pregnancy bump. I asked her when did my becoming pregnant mean to invade my personal space. She was pretty damn shocked but she grasped what i was saying immediatly and started apologizing, i think i made a pretty good point when i started rubbing her tummy. I am not ok with other people touching my belly just as i am not ok with strangers touching my son and have gone so far as to slap a womens hand and yell at her when she thought i was joking when she was touching his feet. I see no reason why a baby or a bump some how puts a big red flag that screams touch me and i am actually quite apalled with some people.

:rofl: i hate belly touching :haha: it makes me sooooo mad i dont think ill ever like it lol my husband kisses my tummy goodnight sometimes which is sooo cute :)

Dont mind Dh touching it but anyone else and they might lose a limb. I would never touch anyones bump either :nope::nope:

Someone on here suggested that when a stranger tries touch ur belly just say "but im not pregnant"!!

:rofl:

I know, i thought that was brilliant. Makes them think but without being rude, i hope i have the guts to say it if i ever need to!!

Angelbunny i LOVE ur bump!!When did u pop like that? It is gorgeous!! Did urs start with a hardish rounded bit at the bottom of ur stomach that stuck out a little? We look to be a similar shape and thats what im like at the mo,i just wondered what u were like at 8 weeks? I cant wait for a bump like urs!! :wohoo:

i read this somewhere if you didnt put the bump there or ur not delivering it keep ur hands off...

im gonna make a button that says that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->