• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bely tightening during sleep? What's this?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
The past week I've noticed ive woke up a few times to my tummy being super tight, almost like I am 'pushing' or tensing it myself.. And sometimes it's so tight that depending on what position I'm lay in it can cause me cramp in my leg.

It's happened a good three or four times now.

Could it just be really strong Braxton hicks during sleep, painless contractions during sleep, or is it maybe like me doing it in my sleep as a kinda sleep walking reflex reaction as to what in dreaming about?? I sleep talk a lot so I thought maybe I was having a dream about pushing and woke up with it tense..

It's weird.

I get tightenings through the day.. But this feels rather different to those.. I'm over due!

Sounds like BH they cause me leg cramps too. These can turn into early labour contractions which dont cause much pain.

Last night for first time i was woken 3 times with BH, steps in right direction :D

I thought maybe it was that, just feels really odd being woken up just because your bellys gone tight. Oh man I feel so behind on progress!

DTD this morning and I don't think that'll help either! I may have to jump on my boyfriend quite a few times today to see any little kinda progress :(

Yeah it is, i had 2w of BH sessions with my first but never woke me up. Then 1 morning at 5am, i woke up to like a shock, eyes as wide as they can go and i thought myself its time. Haha! It was but still 27hr from that point. Ones i had last night werent same as that for me.

DTD wont help making you feel comfortable but will.certainly help to get things moving further. Fingers crossed you dont have much longer to wait.

The reason so many women receive an epidural to speed up labor is because the pain management helps contractions along as the body relaxes. I'm not at all surprised you're getting more contractions while sleeping than you are while active! Try taking some hot baths/showers, have your partner give you a massage, etc. Good luck!!

I wake up with tightenings all the time ... Tightening so then I feel like I need a number 2 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->