• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Benefits Britain life on the dole omgggg

I just caught up with both episodes after reading this thread and OMG!!!
The first episode I kept wondering why the 3mo was so chunky when both parents are so skinny.... Until I saw her shoving jar food into the babies mouth just proped on the sofa!! Leaving a dog you have just got with a baby so young I find disgusting and wouldn't even trust our family dogs who my dad had since they were pups!!!
The second episode was just as bad!!! The coke in the bottle disgraceful, but did you all miss how she was holding that newborn??? Its head flopped onto her shoulder neck stretched beyond limits whilst she had a fag in the other hand!!! At one point she picked up one of the older children who had misbehaved and in the struggle the newborns head was flopping forward and back!!!!

Why do these people get to have children when there are so many deserving people out there who cannot. Who would raise their children right!!! This country is a cruel place that wont help people who are generally trying!!!

Oh and funny how they all have NO money yet are able to afford and smoke in every scene!!!!

My hubby works a 60 hour week, I work part time (obviously on mat leave atm) and we struggle to pay all our bills, but we wouldnt get any help if our food or electric runs out!!!! Complete joke!!!

Sorry it just made me angry :wacko:

I know it was horrifying, didn't realise that the baby from last week was only 3 months wow!!

I want to know how they all live in these small houses with so may people, I would have a breakdown, the mess and chaos and the dirt and off course the smoking!!

What about the lady who had the 8 kids and couldn't get them up for school the next day as they were up till 12.30 the night before, I mean come on :dohh:

Like PP my oh works part time and I have to work full time and we struggle as well and it can be tough to see other people just have everything handed to them!! And I don't mean genuine people who get benefits I mean the ones who want to live like that as they don't want to work or do anything to help themselves!!

I didnt watch but I heard about it. Sad thing is people who are on benefits will all be called bad parents because of this bad parent. I refuse to watch them programs in general.

I don't think they're bad parents because they're on benefits, the ones we're talking about meant well but giving a baby coke in a bottle? There's no excuse as a pp said, HV give out advice so they know what they 'should' be doing.

Their sense of entitlement pissed me off but I'm not stupid enough to think the programme wasn't made to piss me off!

What I meant was assuming every one on benefits was feeding their kids coke in bottles and generally being a bad parent, smoking around kids etc whatever this parent done. I know so many that hate any one on benefits, even though who dont act like this. I dont think I want to watch this unless I want a bad mood.

I've watched and it made me sad :(

Cycle after cycle of bad choices.

The Coke bottle makes me cringe, but smoking near a child is straight up abhorrent. I don't know how anyone still thinks that's okay.

Edit: Just saw you said it was a baby with a bottle of Coke. I was picturing a kid (which is obviously still a terrible idea) but a baby?! Eeesh.

It was a baby (too old probably to be having a bottle so I'm not quite sure what age) but with an actual Dr Brown's type bottle filled with coke!

To be fair I think the young girl last time didn't know any better. She clearly adored her little girl and wanted what was best for her. And at least she went outside to smoke. Sadly I think she didn't have any support. Didn't she say she was homeless when pregnant? And her arms were cut up badly, though healed now.

I found today's really shocking though. I'm in no way against people using benefits when they're needed but I can't understand having eight, ten, fourteen children and then complaining about lack of space. Surely there is a realisation somewhere that you don't have the space or the money, or that there is a massive lack of housing in this country? The woman on the quest for a new council house was saying she'd love another baby.. It's like she isn't even associating her housing problem with the idea of more kids and it was just plain weird.

The coke in the bottles is awful but I did wonder if the producers might have said something like oh, have they tried coke, it's fine for them, let's give them all coke in their bottles... They do tend to try to persuade people to do stuff like this, like they did in the Channel 4 Benefit Street thingy.

I don't understand how if these people are all so skint, and they are complaining they don't have to money to support their children, how can they afford to smoke in the first place! Vile!

To be fair I think the young girl last time didn't know any better. She clearly adored her little girl and wanted what was best for her. And at least she went outside to smoke. Sadly I think she didn't have any support. Didn't she say she was homeless when pregnant? And her arms were cut up badly, though healed now.

I found today's really shocking though. I'm in no way against people using benefits when they're needed but I can't understand having eight, ten, fourteen children and then complaining about lack of space. Surely there is a realisation somewhere that you don't have the space or the money, or that there is a massive lack of housing in this country? The woman on the quest for a new council house was saying she'd love another baby.. It's like she isn't even associating her housing problem with the idea of more kids and it was just plain weird.

The coke in the bottles is awful but I did wonder if the producers might have said something like oh, have they tried coke, it's fine for them, let's give them all coke in their bottles... They do tend to try to persuade people to do stuff like this, like they did in the Channel 4 Benefit Street thingy.

That last bit crossed my mind too as it's all done for shock value isn't it!

I don't think the baby In the first episode was still three months as they had to wait six to eight weeks to hear back about their benefits and then they showed them feeding baby so I'm thinking more likely four months old. This girl to a degree I can accept as it's probably well meaning parents saying they weaned at four months iyswim she was only young qnd I suppose atherosclerosis age I probably wouldn't even think about the dog. Younger people I'm more inclined to be q hit more ok...your still a baby yourself ya know. My hubby cones from the Isle of Wight and knows that family that were on this week lol. I do think they were painted in a particularly bad light tbh. That baby with the coke though no no no not acceptable. Whether she was told to do it or jot she's a grown women and she would have known not to do it. Unfortunately when u have so many children I imagine at times its a case of give them anything to gwt stuff done and an easier life

I watched it last night and i knew i shouldn't have! I am absolutely disgusted with those parents! Giving all their toddlers (and younger) coke in their bottles! Theyre house was a total shithole too! Absolutely minging! I cant stop thinking about how much i want to punch out the 5 teeth that mother has left! Revolting! xx

I could only watch ten minutes. I am on benefits due to disabilities and have had to make the hard decision not to have anymore at the moment. I am going to go to college and become a nursery nurse or something. I was a family of six on benefits and it was hard. My mum was selfish and only cared of her needs.

They have picked the worst examples.

I have no comment to make on the whole benefits issue because the programme was a cringeworthy attempt of getting people riled up.

But the coke in the bottle and the smoking around the baby and children made me feel physically sick, I know we all come from different backgrounds, different educations, we don't all have the same upbringing etc, but I honestly don't know how anyone can be so damn stupid to put coke in a bottle I really don't, it broke my heart. I think social services should be able to watch that and send in a health worker to advise.

I have no comment to make on the whole benefits issue because the programme was a cringeworthy attempt of getting people riled up.

But the coke in the bottle and the smoking around the baby and children made me feel physically sick, I know we all come from different backgrounds, different educations, we don't all have the same upbringing etc, but I honestly don't know how anyone can be so damn stupid to put coke in a bottle I really don't, it broke my heart. I think social services should be able to watch that and send in a health worker to advise.
Whilst I agree the coke thing was very wrong and dont get me started on the smoking I think the social services should be sent in based on home conditions more than the smoking.

Whilst I agree the coke thing was very wrong and dont get me started on the smoking I think the social services should be sent in based on home conditions more than the smoking.

I meant the whole situation, the mess, the over crowding, the diets, coke, smoking, I wasn't talking generally about any one aspect such as smoking I was talking about the family on last night, I think it is more than apt that there be intervention given the incredibly poor decisions demonstrated on the programme. I'm not saying children be removed but that the parents on last night clearly need some education on health matters.

What annoyed me most was the amount of kids the dad and mum had. Sorry if I am offending anyone but really some people struggle to have one!

I know these progs are made to make us hate people on benefits- and I bet the producers loved it when the smoking/coke in bottle happened!
Cos they've got the desired affect- we're all talking about it and most will tune in to next weeks show!
The smoking gets me mad though- that poor wee baby only weeks old and forced to breath in cigarette smoke! Sad!!

Wow.....! It makes me mad when I see people like that with loads of children when lovely ladies like my sister go through five failed rounds of ivf and still can't even have one! Grrrr life is unfair!

This is what upsets me hun. So many couples that would love to become a family and struggle or never happens. This is why i wanted to become a egg donor.
People like that have kids for money and the one with 12 admitted that. Smoking with a new born baby thats a joke and i was shocked seeing coke for night time bottle. No wonder they are big.
I really hope social service get involved

I turned this on and OH was like "you trying to make me mad like!?!"

I have nothing against large families, OH sister has 6, when they had 4 they realised that they were a large family and in the UK it wouldn't work financially so they emigrated to NZ. BOTH of them worked and MIL helped look after the kids. Their owned their own house. In NZ each kid manages to have hobbies, one was training to commonwealth level in trampoline - she managed to get them up and to school etc ok.......How hard is it really? If its hard you have to many!

If you want lots of kids....you make sure you can support them, sorry but really. I dont mean void of ANY benefits, but I mean if you can go and work do so. If your kids are going to suffer as you clearly cant keep your pants on and dont want to work then there are issues!

I really want another, but I know we cant afford it. We used to live in a council house as we were technically homeless when I was pregnant and couldn't get a private let as no ££ and we had defualts. But once we had financially sorted our selves out we got out of there as really, we didn't need to be in a council house any more, we could afford - just - a house/mortgage. We never thought we were entitled to one!!! So glad they will be getting rid of the right to buy as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->