Best BMI?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by MrsGaSp, Dec 23, 2009.

1. MrsGaSp

MrsGaSp Guest

SO I have a weight question. What would be the best BMI to be at before TTC and while TTC. Right now my BMI is at 31.4 which is high and I've been trying to lose weight and i think it would be nice to know how much i need to lose in order to have a healthier pregnancy for my future babies.

2. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

I have read that it is best to try and get your BMI down to whatever your healthy range is.

3. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I want to comfortably sitting in the healthy BMI range when I TTC next. I know if your BMI is over 30 they put you under consultant care - I don't want that again!

4. KittyKatBabe

KittyKatBabe Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane

Mine is at 29 I want get down to 25/26 at least if I can. I remember when I used to be BMI 21/22 - those were the days lol.x

5. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

18-24 is the healthy range.BMI's are pretty rubbish though - you will find a lot of fit, healthy, but muscled people falling in to a obese bmi range, because they dont take in to account muscle mass. Im a uk size 10/12 and my BMI is 25 - pah! xxx

6. kintenda

kintenda Well-Known Member

I agree with BMIs being a big pile of poop. Much better to pop yourself on a healthy eating/exercise regime with small targets, then monitor it as you go. xx

7. thompsonic

thompsonic Guest

BMI's are silly, my OH is a rugby player and is soo muscley, there is hardly any fat on him at all (he doesn't look like a body builder or anything though. ewww) and according to BMI he is obese?!

8. plutosblue

plutosblue Mum of 2 & duffed.

I agree, BMI's are a load of poop, unless you go to a professional who uses their funny claws to squidge at your fat its useless since it doesn't work out muscle percentage/fat percentage etc. My DF's a big built guy and his BMI is through the roof, but he isn't fat, just muscley. I think you in yourself will know when your feeling better and you feel healthy, so go with that.

9. MrsGaSp

MrsGaSp Guest

okay thank you guys so much