Best BMI?

M

MrsGaSp

SO I have a weight question. What would be the best BMI to be at before TTC and while TTC. Right now my BMI is at 31.4 which is high and I've been trying to lose weight and i think it would be nice to know how much i need to lose in order to have a healthier pregnancy for my future babies.

I have read that it is best to try and get your BMI down to whatever your healthy range is.

I want to comfortably sitting in the healthy BMI range when I TTC next. I know if your BMI is over 30 they put you under consultant care - I don't want that again!

Mine is at 29 I want get down to 25/26 at least if I can. I remember when I used to be BMI 21/22 - those were the days lol.x

18-24 is the healthy range.BMI's are pretty rubbish though - you will find a lot of fit, healthy, but muscled people falling in to a obese bmi range, because they dont take in to account muscle mass. Im a uk size 10/12 and my BMI is 25 - pah! xxx

I agree with BMIs being a big pile of poop. Much better to pop yourself on a healthy eating/exercise regime with small targets, then monitor it as you go. xx

BMI's are silly, my OH is a rugby player and is soo muscley, there is hardly any fat on him at all (he doesn't look like a body builder or anything though. ewww) and according to BMI he is obese?!

I agree, BMI's are a load of poop, unless you go to a professional who uses their funny claws to squidge at your fat its useless since it doesn't work out muscle percentage/fat percentage etc. My DF's a big built guy and his BMI is through the roof, but he isn't fat, just muscley. I think you in yourself will know when your feeling better and you feel healthy, so go with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->