Best bottles for combi feeding? Advice please :-)

cosmotbear

Expecting number 2 :-)
Reaction score
Hello!
Am planning on breastfeeding as much as humanly possible (!) but will def need DH to do a few feeds for me (expressed and formula). Anyone doing the same and had great success with a particular brand? Something enough like a nipple but with great anti-colic? I used TT last time but ended up having to buy anti-colic + as so much wind :-( They were a huge faff and hard to tell if they actually worked. Considering Avent or Dr Browns but not sure how good they are with combi feeding? Advice much needed and appreciated as am yet to buy anything, thanks! xxxx

i have used avent with the nr 1 teet. it is working great for us. then i have used holle organic milk, but he puked a lot from it. so now he is on SMA and no problems.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature. Those are the ones I always recommend to my clients who are using both breast and bottle. I've found that they are the easiest for baby to transition because the shape of the nipple is closer to the human nipple than any other bottle. However, I will say this, babies are all different and many babies have no problem with other bottles.

We've always used the NUK bottles. Never had a problem.

my lo is only 8wks but likes booby too much already lol mam ones she will accept more than tomy tip or avent early days tho but so far tonight she had some lol which is better than none they are soft teats much more like nipple i think x

Thanks so much all, sounds like I might need to try a few different ones :-/

I combi feed and use Tommee Tippee closer to nature, Amber is able to switch easily between boob and bottle with these and has never had nipple confusion, so I could guess they are pretty close to the real thing, we use the anti colic ones and she isn't windy on them.

I use Avent, im surprised by the comments about tommie tippee closer to nature, the teats are nothing like a real nipple, far too hard and long and my baby girl couldn't use them at all and still can't but went straight onto the Avent ones because its nice and soft. I used the No.1 teats though i have heard a few say to go to teat 3 if they struggle.

I use Avent bottles and have no problems whatsoever. She has one top up feed every few days, and also the odd drink of water in a bottle and just takes from it fine, then is fine going back to the boob! Also, yesterday i gave her gaviscon in a bottle half way through a feed and she interchanged easily.
I've also seen the tt, my friend ff and i've looked at them and don't like the look of them. I am thinking about buying some mam bottles for her though cos i like the look of them!!

Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll give the Avent a whirl. I think they might be in offer too which is no bad thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->