Best breast pump

Peppermint25

Reaction score
Hello,

I have decided to invest in a breast pump as my LO is now 10 weeks old and I think being able to express once on a while will give us more freedom when going out or for when I need to be away from her and her daddy for short periods of time.

So, the two I have been looking at are the Ameda Lactaline Personal Dual Electric Breastpump or the Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma. Both are the same price and have good reviews on amazon. Has anyone got good/bad experiences with them. Or know any better ones? They are pretty pricey so I did wonder if I should just but a cheaper manual one but I don't want to buy one and risk it being rubbish at getting milk out.

If any of you pumping mamas can help, please do!

I wouldn't recommend the medela swing. It's an open system, so milk can travel up the tubing, into the pump. You can't sterilise the actual pump, bacteria can breed and travel back down the tubing into your milk and onto baby. If you haven't tried pumping before, it could be worthwhile buying a cheap manual one first. Some women don't react well to a pump, and you don't want to spend £100+ if it doesn't work for you. If you're only looking to pump every now and then, you might get away with a manual. I have a avent manual for odd pumping sessions. I needed a freezer supply as my mum is having lo for 2 days whilst I'm at an adults only wedding, so I borrowed a hospital grade medela symphony from my sure start centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->