Best Car seats + bases? Mothercare sale? Opinions v welcome!

C

cazd

I Need some car seat advice - I've got to get 2 seats and bases but don't know where to start. It looks like Mothercare has a good sale on at the moment - what do you guys think?

The twins have lie-flat car seats at the moment. They're great for little spines + necks but they weigh a tonne and take up so much space in the car. So Im thinking that when their necks are stronger we'll transfer them into normal rear-facing car seats.

I need to watch my spending though. I wondered if I should take advantage of the mothercare sale - but if I could get something better from halfords, amazon or ebay - please let me know.

Is there anything particular I should look out for when buying car seats?
Is there anything about your car seat that you find annoying?

Thank you so much in advance?

I have not bought my car seat yet, but you should definitely make sure it has a 5 point harness. Also, if they are little still, a head support that is either included or bought separately (along with shoulder strap covers).

We have the cabriofix and base and although we haven't used it yet, it seems great!!

If you were happy to have the seats stay in the car, you could get one that will last from now to four years which would be a better investment buy. xx

We have the maxi cosi pebble and the easy base 2 it is really good, light weight for a car seat, it comes with the head support and shoulder pads. I got the car seat and base from hairless as they had a 20% off sale then got my second base from amazon for even cheaper x

From a safety point of view the following seat came out best in "Which?" tests:

Our testing has become even tougher since we first made the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with Easyfix base a Best Buy in 2006, but in the retest to the new standard it still passed with flying colours achieving our first 'Excellent' child seat result.

Crash protection is excellent, and the instructions are clear.

It scores 82 per cent only with its Easyfix base (an Isofix system) so if yours doesn't have this, go for another Best Buy.

Pros: Excellent crash safety results

My daughter was in this seat & base until she was 15 months old, she outgrew it when her head grew above the seat.

These seats scored well in 'Which?' safety tests too:

The Britax BABY-SAFE plus (Isofix)
Graco Logico S HP
Brio Primo Isofix
Maxi Cosi Pebble (Familyfix base)

I posted my deal on here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/569528-car-seat-bargain.html

Hello!

We have the Graco rear facing baby seat and the base too. It is very easy to use and one of the lightest to carry too even with baby in it.
It is also very easy to put in without the base (like if you are getting a lift from someone and don't have the base in that car) as there is a level indicator on the side of the seat to show that you have the seat at the correct angle- I love that and didn't see it on any other carseat :thumbup:
It is simple to put baby in and the straps are 5 point harness as a PP mentioned. They come over the baby's shoulders rather than having to put baby's arms through the straps (not sure how to describe that, I know it's simpler than the Mamas & Papas one as my SIL has that).
The only bad thing is that we got it as part of a travel system but after baby arrived we found that system wasn't really ideal for us so bought a different pram but kept the car seat and base as they were/are perfect for us. This means the car seat does not click onto our pram anymore! We would not have had that trouble if we'd got the Maxi Cosi but we didn't think about this when we were pregnant as didn't realise the pram we'd bought would be so difficult to use once baby actually arrived :haha:
Hope you find one, well two, you like xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->