Best carrier for a beginner?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all.
I had a Mei tai with Isabelle but she hated it!
Hoping to baby wear Daisy so what's best for a beginner?
I get extremely hot when walking so pref something thin/cool.
And it will be for an hour max most of the time.
Thanks in advance x

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'd like to hear from others. I had a moby wrap which I liked but its so much admin to use it! I'm looking at a baby bjorn now because I want something from newborn and that does forward facing too for when they're older.
If you aren't interested in forward facing I've had lots of recommendations for the ergo carrier.

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'd like to hear from others. I had a moby wrap which I liked but its so much admin to use it! I'm looking at a baby bjorn now because I want something from newborn and that does forward facing too for when they're older.
If you aren't interested in forward facing I've had lots of recommendations for the ergo carrier.

Thankyou I would like to forward face but isn't this bad for their spine unless in a back carry?

Yes, I wouldn't ever recommend forward facing as it's only usually possible in narrow based carriers, which don't support LO's legs enough for their hips. Forward facing also has other problems - it throws off your balance (not what you want when carrying a baby), is harder on your back and baby can't turn away from anything scary or over-stimulating. If you want options, I'd look into carriers that will do hip or back carries, but not forward facing. Baby Bjorn are definitely ones to avoid.

OP, I think it's worth trying the mei tai again if you still have it - did you ever go to a sling meet for advice? Sometimes a few tweaks can make all the difference. I found stretchy wraps too warm for me, but if you go to a meet you could try one and see.

I've been looking at the babasling are they ok?
No I never went to one of those shall look into it but not sure they do it where I love x

I didn't realise forward facing was a no-no! Shows how much research I did into babywearing - one of my big regrets with my first! Hoping to change that when/if number 2 makes an appearance. Thanks for the heads up.
So is the ergo a good one to with then?

I had a babasling with my first and hated it, the baby just get squished in there and your constantly rearranging them and it use to kind of swing away from my body. Not sure if i did something wrong but i hated it. I had mei tai which i loved but this time ive gone for a hana wrap which really isn't complicated. Definatly go to a sling meet if you can x

I quite like the look of the moby wrap so may give that a try x

I use a ByKay wrap (very similar to the moby) and love it, I also have a BabaSling and just never feel as though he is secure in it. The wrap looks confusing but once you have the hang of it, it is pretty easy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->