Best fabric softener to use with baby?

lolita1990

Reaction score
I'm doing my weekly shop and I'm buying fabric softener and washing powder.

Can anyone recommend the best one to use for baby as he'll be here really soon :thumbup:

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! x

I would use your regular conditioner - I changed to the sensitive baby Softner last time and found I was really allergic and i am not usually allergic to anything! Obviously I'm a bit weird but just something to bare in mind. I'm just sticking to my usual stuff this time.

I text my mum to ask her and she said the same so that's what I'm doing :)

Neither me nor OH have sensitive skin and never did have as babies so I'm hoping it should be fine.

Thanks x

My nephew's skin is very, very sensitive, and neither of his parents have sensitive skin at all. I got my sensitive skin from my father, and we have different fathers. I wouldn't try washing ALL of baby's clothes with fabric softener or anything, just in case your baby's skin IS sensitive. Because then, you'll have to go through and wash everything a few times again. I use a little vinegar in the rinse cycle because I do have sensitive skin, and it keeps my clothes soft and doesn't smell like anything.

I use dryer balls instead of using any kind of fabric softner for DS's clothes.

I've bought fairy non bio and comfort pure based on reviews xx

I've bought fairy non bio and comfort pure based on reviews xx

That's what I ended up buying! :) I always use fairy non bio and just buy whatever softener is on offer but I reckoned the pure scent would be better x

The nurse in my child birth class said that we shouldn't use fabric softener because it can mess with the flame resistant stuff they put on baby clothes. Maybe that's only with fabric sheets though and not liquid fabric softener?

I've always been told to NOT use fabric softener on baby stuff, at least at first, due to how sensitive baby skin can be. Also scent free detergent.

Use Vinegar! It's a great all-natural fabric softner :)

I'm not not (sorry for the double negative) using fabric softener as babies stuff will be getting washed along side our stuff and I'm not doing seperate washings (farrrr too much water!!) I'll try the vinegar if I've got any problems :)

Thanks ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->