Best maternity pillow options/ideas

MEPride

Reaction score
I am an EVERYTHING sleeper but primarily a side/stomach contortionist sleeper who likes to alternate with back sleeping. I've gotten out of the habit of sleeping on my back, but I'm having trouble sleeping purely on my side. I've been using a king size latex pillow between my knees for sleeping but I still toss/turn at night from right to left, meaning I need to move said pillow from right to left which just wakes me up more and causes more problems than I believe it's worth.

So any suggestions???

I've thought about getting a maternity pillow, the kind that wraps around on both sides, and have a $50 coupon to some maternity pillow website I can't remember. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular kind or brand of maternity pillow they found wonderful?

I should also mention that I get headaches from my neck whenever I sleep on an improperly fitted pillow so this could be a lost cause, but I'm still willing to try anything to get some better sleep at night without waking up with a backache in the morning or tossing/turning all night.

I personally really like my snoogle pillow. I often flip from side to side but just adjust the way I'm using the pillow. It doesn't wrap around you on both sides, but it's easy to keep part of the pillow between your legs whether you sleep with the main part of the pillow against your belly or your back.

I do the exact same thing and turning over during the night while dragging the bloomin pillow is such an effort! I don't really get a full nights sleep now because of it but it's the only way I'm comfortable! I was at a physiotherapist today and they had us lying semi upright on a beanbag using lots of pillows to support where needed, it was soooo comfortable we were all almost falling asleep! May be worth a try!

Sarah xxx

I got a pregnancy wedge pillow and absolutely love it. It's small and doesn't take up too much space in the bed/between people, plus it doubles as a back pillow and baby prop.

I second the wedge pillow. If not have slept without it, supports bump & my ribs which I've had issues with! You do have to move it if you switch sides though!

I spend most of the night lugging my pillows around, poor OH must get annoyed! I also have a triangle pillow, just cheap from Ikea. I don't use it between my legs though, I have the majority of it behind my back and then the top of the triangle bit on my pillow and I sleep on it.. it's a bit peculiar but i find it comfortable to have my back supported and it stops me rolling fully onto my back in my sleep. Which is good as that makes me really dizzy!

True - you do have to move it when you switch sides.. but it's so small that I don't personally find that too inconvenient.

I also like to sleep at a weird angle, usually on my right side but leaning over onto my stomach. But now I'm having problems with my left hip that are aggravated by side sleeping on the right side. I tried a snoogle and a regular pillow between my legs, but it just makes my hip hurt more. I try to sleep on my left side, but I get a weird pulling sensation in my stomach right now (yay RLP).

I asked my doctor if it'd be ok to sleep on my back if I used a wedge pillow. She was fine as long as I find one that puts me at 45 degrees.

I have had a pregnancy pillow, I had it with my first and didn't with my second or third. I found using multiple smaller pillows worked better.

I have a leg pillow, and yes, you have to move it every time you roll over, but it doesn't seem to bother me, I can move it with my legs so it just kind of happens. Then I have a thinner pillow under my bump on one side, I kind of hug it. If I don't want to move my leg pillow I just kick a leg up on my belly pillow. When I roll over, it becomes a back support pillow. I may end up with a "belly" pillow for the other side before this pregnancy is over....

I have a pregnancy pillow, couldn't be without it as I would either be on my back or belly!

I use a Snoogle and I love it. It was a very worthwhile purchase and I wished I would have know how good it was the first time around.

I got a pregnancy wedge pillow and absolutely love it. It's small and doesn't take up too much space in the bed/between people, plus it doubles as a back pillow and baby prop.

How many people do you share your bed with? :haha:
Sorry caught me funny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"