Best mince pies?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Do you have a favourite mince pie this year?

We got some from Aldi today. I'm looking forward to trying them :munch:

DH just picked us up mini mince pies from the co op. Because they're mini I ate four!!! :-O

I've never had mince pie and it's not something I can buy. But this year I'm gonna try to make one from Alton Brown's recipe. It looks so yummy!

Asda every year for me. They are the only place that get the perfect balance of pastry and filling with neither being too dry. I had a Mr kipling the other day and the filling was nice and moist but the pastry wasn't as nice

I haven't bought any this year yet! I usually only buy Asda Extra Special but I've been in the habit of trying new things lately so I intend to try them from a few places this year. Purely for investagative purposes not as an excuse to eat more mince pies obviously :winkwink::haha:

dumb Canadian question here... but what is a mince pie? :wacko:

We went to a place called cost plus world market today and got some yummy nibbles from Aus, but also spotted some Walkers Mince pies, so picked up some of those, cant wait to have them over Christmas!!

Tesco puff pastry ones from the bakery....yummy!!

It's a bit like a christmas pudding in a shortcrust pastry, but much smaller. Mr kipling pie sized. And the filling is runnier than christmas pudding but tastes similar. Dried fruit & brandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->