Best Nicotine Replacement???

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Need some advice pleeeeeaaaase.

Ok, so yes I am still smoking and pregnant but so want to stop cause it upsets me that I am still at it. :sad1:
I smoke 10 (reg strength) a day. I tried the lights when found out was preggers but was smoking even more so went back to regs and went to 10 from 15 a day. When I'm working it's less cause I've stopped smoking during breaks and have cut down when driving to work, but on my days off I find it hard, mostly cause I'm on my own as my days off are quite often during the week.

Anyway to cut a long story short would like to know what most people find to be the best out of patches, gum etc. cause I know I need something (don't have the willpower).

It annoys me cause sometimes I feel that I must not care about this baby enough to still be smoking, but I really know that's not true, I'm just not strong enough. Sorry to go on. x

Actually honey, down to 10 is a pretty good start! Thankfully you're not a 3-pack-a-day smoker, that'd be rough! But my personal saving grace was that smoking now makes me totally sick to my stomach, so I've all but quit! I have an occasional puff on my hubby's Prime Time's, but I really have no desire to smoke now (thankfully!). People always say "it should be easy for you to quit" when you're pregnant, but it's not. Smoking is one of the most addictive substances out there, and it's more of a way of life than just a habit. You know what I mean, you smoke when you're bored, you smoke when you drive, you smoke after you eat.... Things like that, it's a habit. It's hard to break! My main time is when our daughter goes down to bed- it's habit to sit outside and relax with a smoke.
Blah blah blah, sorry. I know none of that is suggesting things, I'd try the gum to start! Or something else you really like when you usually smoke. Just a thought! But good luck, and remember that you are NOT the only pregnant woman out there who is struggling with this! For some women it's VERY easy, and for some of us it's not. It doesn't mean you don't love that baby to pieces, it just means that nicotine is your vice! Don't stress yourself too badly, or you'll make it IMPOSSIBLE to quit! :hugs:

stopping smoking sucks and its hell! if your anything like me i smoke for stress relief more than anything! Ive tried to quit a couple of times, i personally wouldnt reccommend the gum or patches because they made me vomit really badly and gave me stomach cramps (this happened to my friend as well). However the inhaler does help! You still get to do something with your hands and ive had no bad reaction to it. The only bad thing about it is you do need to puff on it for a while to feel the effects but this is because theres a lot less nicotine in one puff of the inhaler comapared to one puff on a cigg. Sometimes it can give you a bit of a sore throat but i think its worth it. Good luck!!

Its really hard work, I stopped about 7 or 8 weeks ago.

I found an inhaler worked best for me because I found that it was more of a habit of putting my hand to my mouth.

I never tried patches because they were too expensive, but I found that gum and lozenges were no good.

I havent used anything since I got pregnant though. I tried to stop about a year ago and got down from 10 a day to about 2 or 3.

Hope this is of some help :)

Youre doing really well :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back