Best nighttime cloth nappy?

ShadowRat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Vincent has been in bio sposies at night since day one now, and although he is usually very good at sleeping for a good 8 or so hours at night before needing a nappy change / feed, he has lately been waking up earlier and earlier, and I am now convinced that it's because of his nappy. I don't want to just use his daytime terries at night because I really don't think he'd go very long in one (he'll complain after about 3 hours in a terry during the day, but we can sometimes push it to 4 hours to go with his feed times...).
So I've been wanting to go to cloth at night for him for a while now, and after the last few nights I am keen to get a really decent, comfortable and absorbent night nappy (don't mind if it needs to be ridiculously bulky: He's just gonna sleep in it :winkwink:) to try to get him back on track with his ngiht sleeping.

So, any suggestions?? I'm especially keen to hear from people with babies who sleep through the night in a cloth nappy, what do you use??

Thanks in advance!!

Shadow xxxx

Daisy sleeps from around 8pm till 6 (or so) am and we usually dont change her nappy till about 8 am ( i know very naughty!! lol i bf her in bed before we get up) she is wearing a slinky or standard nappy by minki with 2 fuzzi bunz inserts or 2 naughty baby inserts in it and we've had NO LEAKS EVER with that ! or i hae used a mothercare smart nappy with 2 reusable pads and again no leaks!!!! - the nappies weigh a tonne by the morning but she ALWAYS has a dry bum!!

hope this helps hun

sara

xxxx

I have used Mothercare smart nappies with 2 inserts and found them fab, but at the moment we are using 'pop-in' nappies by close parent and they are amazing. Weigh a tonne in the morning, but with a fleece liner Olivias bum is super dry in the morning!

I use a bamboo pop in with the night time booster and it's amazing, Freya goes 12-14 hours in it and no wet bum, no leaks. Looks pretty huge and weighs a ton by morning but works. Freya used to leak through everything, sposies, cloth, anything.

Would highly recommend the pop in.

We use the BGv3, but had a few leaks lately.. Only minor ones in the morning, so may try adding another insert. Only downside with the V3s is that they tend to get a bit smelly! :sick:

Ooooh awesome, thanks so much ladies, I have a lot to ponder now!! I've been told by OH to work out how much we've saved on not using sposies so far and how much I've spent on cloth so far, if there's anything left over then I think I'll go for it and get one of these great nighttime nappies now... I'll do a bit of recearch myself based on your advice :) I was hoping to get something BTP to save a bit more in the long run, so I'll have a good look at all of the ones you've suggested!

Thanks again!
Shadow xxx

I've been able to make almost anything work really. Hayden would go 12hrs a night and for months (up until 15) he was nursing many times through the night with that same diaper. But BumGenius pockets with both inserts....Fuzzi bunz with an extra insert...some fitted diapers with fleece pants (which ended up being our favorite). Very Baby Simply Nights, Bagshot Row Bamboo nighttime diapers and some WAHM ones

Well, I did my research based on your advice guys, and I decided to try the Pop-In with liner and nighttime booster insert: Have ordered one in pistachio directly from Modern Baby :happydance:

Thanks guys, I hope it's as good as it sounds! Really looking forward to trying it out now!

Shadow xxx

we use BG V3 with both inserts (regular and newborn) and a microfibre cloth and they work well for us.

i dont have any special nightime nappies, i only have the nappies i make her and a few wonderoos, i just put extra booster pads in and a fleece wrap, all of leylas nappies have a fleece liner though so it keeps her bum dry

x

I use the pop in with an extra bit in from an old terry nappy I cut up. Usually works all though I sometimes use the Nature care disposable at nights as he has woken up wet before!

I use the pop in with an extra bit in from an old terry nappy I cut up. Usually works all though I sometimes use the Nature care disposable at nights as he has woken up wet before!

That's the sposies we've been using at night, but he's getting more and more fussy with them: Last night he only went 5 1/2 hours before he wanted a nappy change, it was pretty full up, and when I changed him I put him back down without a feed and he was happy for another 3 1/2 hours! So it was definitely the nappy... I'm hoping the Pop-IN gets here soon, I may well boost the heck out of it with some cut-up terries, I'm also gonna use the night booster that comes with it and a fleece liner, we'll see if it works soon enough !!

Does Leo go all night in the Naturecare disposables?? Is he a very heavy wetter?

Thanks all :)
Shadow xx

i sometimes put leyla in disposable nappies but when i do i add a fleece liner (i have a thing for fleece haha) it keeps her bum so dry and she sleeps for at least 12hrs in it

x

:happydance:

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/201425-pop-nappy-nighttime-success-thanks-girls.html

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->