Best place for food shopping?

going_crazy

Still learning.....!
Reaction score
As title.... I've seen loads of threads with how good Aldi & Lidl are, but I've not tried either! I'm a Tesco person myself, but with the mounting food costs I really want to get the best deals! Also, does anyone know if any other stores do the equivalent to clubcard vouchers?

So.... where is the best place in your opinion :flower:

Sainsburys do nectar points, I think Asda, aldi and icelands are great price wise I don't really like lidl personally.

I pick up bits and pieces from whatever supermarket really (used to be mainly Asda) cos I have all of them really near my house including Aldi & Lidl but have been leaning more towards Morrisons these days - I really like the fish counter and the bakery :flow:

Aldi are crazy good value for money! I can't get over how much cheaper it is and we have noticed zero difference in quality. I used to be a big Tesco fan but wow... serious rip off.

i shop in lidl & iceland.
iceland are good for pizzas, crisps, milk, bread etc. more day to day stuff.
lidl are good for the weekly shop, meat, fruit & veg, nappies etc.. both are walking distance for me though. but if i really need to do a huge shop ill just drive to tesco & load the car up. x

I pick up bits and pieces from whatever supermarket really (used to be mainly Asda) cos I have all of them really near my house including Aldi & Lidl but have been leaning more towards Morrisons these days - I really like the fish counter and the bakery :flow:

Ooo... Forgot Morrisons.... x

i shop in lidl & iceland.
iceland are good for pizzas, crisps, milk, bread etc. more day to day stuff.
lidl are good for the weekly shop, meat, fruit & veg, nappies etc.. both are walking distance for me though. but if i really need to do a huge shop ill just drive to tesco & load the car up. x

Forgot Iceland too!! :dohh:

Morrisons and Iceland here.. we get staff discount at morrisons but get most frozen stuff in iceland as its cheaper :flower: x

Telco and on the Internet, don't have to take the kids and don't over spend either

I like Tesco for the clubcard points but I did an ASDA shop the other week and I did seem to get more for my money.

Iceland is good for meat I find. When money is a bit tight and I can't go to the butcher (I do prefer their meat though it is more expensive) Iceland has mince for £3 and I think the ASDA equivalent is £3.59

I haven't been to ALDI yet but I would really like to go. It's a shame they don't deliver. We don't drive so we get the deliveries for all the heavy stuff and buy fresh as we need it.

Oh and Morrisons sometimes because we have 10% discount but I don't think it's as good as ASDA money wise.

Aldi! I love it, great quality and prices :thumbup:

I also buy bits and pieces from Tescos, Sainsburys and Asda but I do my big shop in Aldi :winkwink:

My Mum used to do all her shopping at Morrisons but I have converted her to Aldi :thumbup:

I voted Other, as we use a combination of places. Asda for the main shop as DH has vouchers every month as part of his job perks. If I get the chance on days the market is on I get fresh fruit and veg and meat there, sooooo cheap!! Having a freezer helps for making the most of it.

Tesco if we have run out of Asda vouchers and need a fair amount (tesco is closer).

Any top-ups come from the local co-op as it wouldn't be worth paying for petrol to travel for not much stuff :flower:

I love Sainsbury's because of their animal testing policies on cosmetic products, but I'm going to try Aldi and Lidl over the next month as I'm sick of paying so much on fruit and veg!

I voted other for Morrisons :thumbup:

They're fantastic. Good price and proper fresh food

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"