Best soft structured carrier?

wish4baby

Reaction score
I love my woven wrap, but am looking into a SSC for several reasons. Main one is husband won't use my brightly colored wrap, but would consider using a more traditional looking one lol.
Anyways, a friend loves her new lillebaby but she hasn't had it long, like a week. Next time I see her, I know she'll let me try it out. I also like the look of the boba air.
It's super hot here, so I like the air and mesh stuff...
anyone have experience with these? Or another hot-weather SSC you'd recommend?
Thanks

I have the Boba 3g, I like it, but it is arm having the baby on your body. Back carries don't seem as bad. Arkansas is almost as hot as Texas! The air would probably be even cooler.

I haven't used the Boba Air, but I have their 4G, have been using it for 4 months (since DS was two weeks old) and am very happy with it. It's probably too warm for what you'd want, but if the Air is structured the same way, then it's probably good too. :)

Thanks for the input! We'll be trying some out next week, so I'll get to feel the boba :)

I just ordered a kinderpack that has a cool mesh panel. It's winter here but I will still be using it come summer and know I'll appreciate it.

I have had an ergo for a while and really like it, I wouldn't be getting a new carrier if it were just a little larger. I tried a kinderpack out at a sling meet and it's wonderful!

I used an Ergo, which I absolutely loved, as well as occasionally a Mei Tai style wrap. The mei tai was great too, just more work to put my lo in, which is why I preferred the Ergo. I have friends who have a Beco and they really love it, so that would be another good option too.

Solarweave connecta is good for hot weather. Don't think connectas have much padding (if any), which suits some people, but not others.

I really really loved our connecta. I'm dying to get a toddler one as my child is massive now but I just don't have the money :(

They do a solar weave one as mentioned above I'd be keen to try if we had super hot weather.

Was as easy as putting on a rucksack/backpack and it wasn't bulky which is the thing I loved the most about it

I looooove my Tula. I've tried a lot of different SSCs, and this is the best IMO. It has extra padding around the legs, hips, and shoulder area and is just super comfortable. You can get it in either Standard or Toddler. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->