Best stretch mark cream in the UK?

MrsReed2015

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering what is the best stretch mark ointment available?

I've seen the ads for Bio-oil, which look good but in Boots there are around 6 different brands?

Any first hand experience?

None of them lol, I got cocoa butter stretch mark cream, bio oil, mum2be oil, some oil thing that came with a roller on it and I still got them lol. After getting stretch marks I read the best thing to do is drink lots of water and keep your skin hydrated.
Don't think I'll bother with things this time apart from normal moisturiser lol x

First time used sanctuary mum to be oil and bio oil, no stretch marks until final month. This time used nothing other than cocoa butter occasionally when skin felt dry, nothing significant so far. I think it just depends on your genes, skin type etc and none of the fancy creams actually work

I've heard if you're going to get stretch marks you're going to get them regardless as it's a genetic thing. That doesn't stop me trying to avoid them though! I've used bio oil in both of my full term pregnancies and not got stretch marks. But I've also tried to drinks lots of water, eat well and keep weight gain healthy which I think had more to do with it. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

I use Palmers Cocoa Butter once a day. I don't really use moisturiser in everyday life, I absolutely hate creams and feeling sticky! So I had no idea. But it was on offer and my mum recommended it. Seems decent, it's very thick and leaves my skin very soft! So far, no stretch marks! I've been getting really dry skin on my forehead too and it clears that up a treat after just a couple days. As others have said, I think it's more down to your skin type and genes but can't hurt to try! Drink lots of water too, that helps skin stay supple!

Bio Oil didn't stop me getting stretch marks in my previous pregnancy, so this time I used Aveeno moisturiser. It felt really nice and soothed my itchy belly. My bump was smaller this time, and I didn't get any new stretch marks. Some people are more likely to get them than others, and spending a fortune on fancy oils won't make a massive difference. Do keep your skin moisturised but don't expect miracles xxxxx

I too have read a lot about how stretch marks can't be prevented :( sadly. The creams do help with itching though and dry skin. And certainly bio oil has been shown to reduce the appearance of stretch marks after pregnancy. It's very much down to your skin type. My mum hasn't got a single stretch mark after weight gain and loss and three kids. I have very faint stretch marks on my inner thighs from growth spurts as a teen, so I was expecting stretch marks in pregnancy, but was very lucky not to get any in my two pregnancies. Hoping to repeat that third time round!

I've been using Burt's Bee's Belly Butter. This is my first pregnancy, but I'm around 12 weeks so far and it's kept my skin feeling soft and elastic. Plus it's got like 2,200 4 or 5 star reviews on Amazon! :laugh2:

In my opinion dermalmd stretch mark serum is perfect for removing stretch marks from pregnancy, weight loss, or weight gain. It takes a while to see any change but in about a month you will notice the difference. I had really dark red stretch marks on my stomach that I thought would never go away. Now my stretch marks are barely visible. It worked for me I loveee it.

Weleda stretch mark oil with arnica is the best never had a single mark in my first pregnancy. Apply it 3 times per day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->