Best sunburn remedies?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I'm burnt and it hurts :(

Best remedy? Other than your bog standard after sun xx

Aloe vera, as pure as you can get it!

This stuff is amazing especially when cold out the fridge: https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=515&prodid=298

Sudocream
Aloe vera gel from the fridge
Afterburn

Drink plenty of water and ake some paracetamol to help ease the discomfort.

Apple Cider Vinegar. NOT KIDDING! You'll stink but the burn won't be so bad. Just wipe it on there.

+1 on the Aloe Vera. My mum used to cut off a leaf in her garden and smear it on us when I was little. It does wonders!
Go for the "natural" stuff, not the "contains some aloe vera" creams from the big companies. :hugs:

agree with the Aloe Vera, I burn very very easily and have always used this, it helps loads. If you don't have a plant you can buy the pure gel in stores for fairly cheap

calamine lotion/cream....plus take ibruprofen for pain relief and inflammation relief.

I know people who use yoghurt. Plain, no sugar or anything, like greek yoghurt.
Apparently it's very soothing.

Polysporin 3-4 times a day
Aloe Vera 2-3 times a day
Cool cloths on the burn throughout the day and make sure you drink lots of water

Yea drink loads of water! Won't do you any good if you get dehydrated:nope:

a couple of years ago I went to crete and they had a heat wave so it was 43 degrees and I decided to go to sleep so I put my towel on top of me so I didn't burn....

Well low and behold the towel fell off an hour later I felt my whole back burning
.....I had 1st degree burns, blisters, blisters ontop of blisters and prickly heat

Went to the hospital because I was in so much pain I passed out!
I finally woke up with Greek yoghurt on my back and IV drip

The doctor told me dont use aftersun it doesnt actually work! use greek yoghurt because its a natural moistoriser and drink loads of water....

As soon as they wiped away the yoghurt I couldn't even feel a thing! the day after the sunburn had gone and my skin started to peel naturally......

I would recommend using greek yoghurt over anything else!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->