Best things about having a preemie

I should also add, getting to speak to you lovely ladies and meeting Dona and Bumpsmum and the utterly gorgeous boys Matthew and Archie.

I wouldn't have ventured in here otherwise.

Ditto to a lot of the positive things that have been said on this thread.

I feel so lucky to have had Emily even so early, a baby really is a gift. I can't believe I vowed I would never have children before I met my OH.
On reflection it was an amazing journey through NICU seeing our little girl grow (better than any 4D scan) full of incredible highs and lows, however I feel blessed that we came through it and can now enjoy our lives and each other.

I've thought of another one.

We hadn't actually settled on Abby as a name. I thought I had another 11 weeks to talk Mr Foo round to having an Olivia. But having lost that 11 weeks, (and being unconscious at the point where they asked her name) Mr Foo told them "Abby".

But I'm glad he did as it has definitely grown on me! :thumbup:

lol @Foo!

Im thinking we should have a sticky?

lol @Foo!

Im thinking we should have a sticky?

Yeah, took me ages to find this again!

I reckon the new premmie mums could find some inspiration in this thread.

Yes MrFoo is a bit like Mark!!!
I had just come round from my c section when they came in to say Baby B had already been transferred to a hospital 70 miles away and the hospital needed her to have a name and Mark said Jaycee! I was so dazed I said yeah! My nan is Italian and she was visiting when I went into labour and she said to my mum, I like Chloe but I dont know why she called her other little girl Jason. Mum obviously had to explain haha!

I wanted Olivia or Amelie x

ooooh great thread :D Ill be totally honest with the first few theres no point pretending!

• Having the time to recover from my section without being snowed under with rosalies washing and lack of sleep etc

• Getting time to build up my confidence as a parent rather than being thrown in at the deep end there was always lots of help available

• Everybody who worked in SCBU telling me how beautfiul she is (i know they prob say the same to all the parents but still :cloud9:)

• When one of the nurses confessed to Rosalie being her fav and wanting to look after her on her shift

• Also when i look at her now im like omg how would you have fit in there! so i guess in a strange way im glad i didnt get to the massivly uncomfy stage

• Watching her go from strength to strength, when the nurses told me to bring in my own bottles i was told she would likely crash and burn with them but she proved them all wrong even though the bottles were the size of her head :rofl:

• When she was placed in the last room no incubator no hot cot no tube in her nose! Just like a perfect little baby doing everything like a full termer

• The fact shes so ickle and not even near newborn size yet is like having them as babies for longer :cloud9:

ooooh great thread :D Ill be totally honest with the first few theres no point pretending!

• Having the time to recover from my section without being snowed under with rosalies washing and lack of sleep etc

• Getting time to build up my confidence as a parent rather than being thrown in at the deep end there was always lots of help available

• Everybody who worked in SCBU telling me how beautfiul she is (i know they prob say the same to all the parents but still :cloud9:)

• When one of the nurses confessed to Rosalie being her fav and wanting to look after her on her shift

• Also when i look at her now im like omg how would you have fit in there! so i guess in a strange way im glad i didnt get to the massivly uncomfy stage

• Watching her go from strength to strength, when the nurses told me to bring in my own bottles i was told she would likely crash and burn with them but she proved them all wrong even though the bottles were the size of her head :rofl:

• When she was placed in the last room no incubator no hot cot no tube in her nose! Just like a perfect little baby doing everything like a full termer

• The fact shes so ickle and not even near newborn size yet is like having them as babies for longer :cloud9:

But she is very gorgeous!!! So its not a lie hun!!

They are like little dollies lol x

Yes, but they aren't always lying!!

They said the same of Abby. But you could tell the difference when they said it to some of the other parents.

We actually went in during shift change and heard the nurses squabbling over who got to look after Abby. "But you got her yesterday, it's my turn tonight" :haha:

Yes, but they aren't always lying!!

They said the same of Abby. But you could tell the difference when they said it to some of the other parents.

We actually went in during shift change and heard the nurses squabbling over who got to look after Abby. "But you got her yesterday, it's my turn tonight" :haha:

awww bless thats so sweet! Go abby btw my neice is called Abbey spelt differently i know but i like it no one believes me when isaid i thought of it!! :growlmad: I suggested it to my sis early into her pregnancy and she forgot about it....then thought of it all by herself at 40 weeks :rofl:

XX

Is looking back when they are advancing to a year old and feeling so proud that they have progressed so well...x

Folk can't believe that matthew is almost 1 as he is still wee for his age but they then go onto say he is advanced skill wise :happydance: he is a real conversation starter x

Also another thingi wanted to add... for a preemie baby he was doing everything he should by the correct time, ie rolling, sitting, crawling, walking and tbh he was really fast with his development. He was walking before he was 1! x

Hey, I've just realised one bonus of having a small baby ...

They fit into their size 0 car-seat for longer! Andrew's got a long way to go before he reaches 20lb when his car seat will need upgrading.

^^^^ oooooooh yes!

And they can have the jumperoo for longer!(well alex can, shes smaller than most 5 month olds!)

*they can have the carseat for longer although they don't fit it to begin with :dohh:

*the clothes fit for ages

*you just don't think oh they've rolled over or walked, you act like a lunatic :yipee: BUT HE'S WALKED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND :rofl:

*they don't call it special care for nothing, it's because they're all special :smug:

*when they're really peeving you (this will come later ladies I promise :lol:) you still think but you were so sick, I can't possibly shout at you and you melt :lol:

^^^^ oooooooh yes!

And they can have the jumperoo for longer!(well alex can, shes smaller than most 5 month olds!)

Findlay is still too little for his at 10.5 months old bless him (although admittedly that's for other reasons rather than just being prem)

I think the best bits were:

1. having nurses showing you what to do (I had never wanted children and so had absolutely no experience with babies and was terrified of Findlay)

2. having nurses squabble over who was going to look after him

3. the teeny weeny clothes are just soooooo adorable and he looked like a china doll (which was what I used to call him in SCBU)

4. being able to recover from my csection and post birth lupus flare better than I would if I had had him home with me from day 1

StirCrazy said they cant sticky this thread,(unless it becomes well used) too many stickies as it is :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->