Best Time for 3D/4D Scans?

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I'm pondering having 2 x 4D scans done so I was wondering which weeks people thought might be best to go for?

I wondered about having the first scan in week 24 or 25 and the second one in week 29 or 30 but I wasn't sure whether 24 weeks was perhaps a bit too early so any advice from those of you who've had 4D scans would be much appreciated.

I had mine done at 28 wks at the local hospital...they only do then between 25 and 32 wks xx

i only had one and it was well worth it. ours was at 28 weeks and one of my pics is my profile pic x

i had mine at 27 weeks and considering i have an anterior placenta which got in the way a bit images were brill xxx

26 weeks i had mine , The sonographer said .. That he only performs them between 26-30 weeks otherwise its not worth doing . x .

My friend has hers booked for next week when she will be 24 weeks, so places do do it that early, i had mine done at 27+5 weeks and one of the pictures is my avatar pic, i think i got some amazing pictures and if i was to get pregnant again i would do it around the same time. Can I ask why do you want 2 4d scans is it so you can see your baby twice?? just wondering xxx

Thanks for all your replies everyone! :)

I just thought it would be nice to see him twice and see how he develops and changes over the weeks. I spent the first 20 weeks with baby blues as the pregnancy wasn't planned and we've had complications so I've not bonded with him at all and I'm now suddenly ever so curious as to what is going on in there and I think seeing him looking like a baby rather than a fuzzy black and white blob might help me start to bond with him and make it all seem a bit more real.

I've got an anterior placenta too, I didn't realise it could make getting pics difficult, should I mention it when booking a 3D/4D scan?

Thanks everyone 27/28 weeks looks like a good time to get one done as your pics are all brilliant and so clear :)

i think the guidlines is like 24-32.
I got mine at 27 and it was perfect, saw everything sooo clear. It was amazing, even though he was asleep..i would say wait abit longer but no longer than 30 weeks before LO gets too big
x

aww bless ya, i definately say a 4d scan will help you bond with your baby =] And i totally see what you mean by havin two scans that would be awsome to see how much he grows between the 2 scans. Well i hope you will be posting pictures when u have them done =] xxx

tx for all the info this has been a very informative thread! I definatly wnat to go and do one.

Well.... I phoned up the scan studio today to confirm the package the guy told me about yesterday (I asked about 2 scans and got offered a rather unbelievable deal on 3 scans!) and I'm now booked in for my first scan!

He recommended an early one at 23 weeks, an optimal one at around 27 weeks and a later one at around 30-32 weeks! I think from what he was saying the early and late scans will just be 3D scans and the middle one will be the full 4D dvd as well.

Got 1st one next Thursday afternoon (23 weeks) sooooo excited! :happydance::happydance:

Apparently the early one we'll be able to see the whole baby as it will still have lots of room to move about, middle one we'll be able to see less of baby as it will have put on lots of fat but images will be lovely and clear and the later one he said we should get some fab chubby cheek pics! :happydance:

I want it to be next Thursday NOW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->