Best type of cot mattress

N

Neecee

Our cot was given to us by my SIL, so we have to find a mattress. We've seen one in mothercare, which is where the cot is from, but does anyone know if there is a 'best' type of mattress to get? I'm getting a bit confused with all the different types!

yallready know my oppinion yannnnoooo!
haha.
xx

We got a foam one free with our cot when we had our eldest....it was crap and got indented straightaway even though I turned it every couple of days:dohh:

Bought a new one which was a sprung mattress with a removable top layer for washing, under the washable bit it's plastic so can be easily wiped clean of dust, sick, wee, poo, snot etc:rofl:. They are fab and much comfier too I would imagine:baby:

Each new baby we've had, we have bought a new mattress as recommended by FSID....expensive but people gave us vouchers for Mothercare so we've used them for this.

Will have to buy another one next year I guess:dohh::rofl:....this is the one I have bought each time.........

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42826041&mcb=core

Yeah, we have been advised against foam, so we were looking at this one https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42826041&mcb=core

We're kinda limited on where we can get the mattress from, as the mothercare cot is quite a small, narrow one so there aren't many other places that do a mattress to fit.

Yeah looks about the same just without the zip off bit which isn't really necessary as you have a sheet over the top anyway. Cheaper too so I may get that one next:happydance:

I've been wondering the same so thanks for this thread it has really helpd. Take care :hugs: XX

We got this one;

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=49193031&mcb=core

I'm sure they prob do this for a cot, as opposed to a cotbed. We were advised to get srpung, as they hold their shape for longer. Although this one only has one side that is wipe clean, we thought that when we want to turn it over, we can just buy a waterproof mattress cover to go on the other side.
Much cheaper than a lot of others, and now we've opened it & put it on the cot, it feels like it'll be comfy, and last a while too.

They are really confusing. I thought it was just a case of sprung or foam. Then theres all these layers.........:dohh:

We bought our mattress brand new, made to measure, pretty much the same as the mothercare from a manufacturer on ebay for about £45. It may be worth having a look on there to save a few £'s.

Our cot was given to us by my SIL, so we have to find a mattress. We've seen one in mothercare, which is where the cot is from, but does anyone know if there is a 'best' type of mattress to get? I'm getting a bit confused with all the different types!

I have been told a very firm mattress is the best. I am not sure what brands you UK ladies have over the pond. I am never much help on these brand topics :(

I would defo go with any of the ones you have been given links for hun. We have got a sprung matress with the zip off cover for our big cot too. My baby will be in crib for 4-6 months first though and the matresses for those are crap!

I was just about to ask...what is the advice regarding mattresses for cribs as the baby won't be in those as long as the cot/cotbed. We are thinking about buying the Mothercare crib and wondered if you buy an expensive mattress or not?

We got the Mothercare one I linked on the previous page. Thanks for all the help and advice ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->