Best way to give washer a good clean???

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
We are getting a new washer soon and I want to keep it spotless. So what's the best way?? I've heard to just run a hot 90 empty cycle? But then somewhere else to use bicarb?

Anyone?

xx

I always do mine on the hottest cycle (90 and always empty). Ive had my machine for years and never any problems. I also do the boring bits like give the drawer a good wash with hot soapy water.

I run an empty wash every now again, wipes the door, seals, drawer etc

I take the drawer out and give it a good clean. I also wipe the seals, door etc. I then put a little squirt of bleach in the drawer and a cap of bleach in the drum and wash on a full 90 degree wash. I then do several rinses to make sure it's all washed away.

I put in on a 90 degree wash empty with white vinegar. The white vinegar acts as a descaler.

I used to use soda crystals on a 90 wash..... although I've just ordered some sachets of stuff (can't remember the name - will look later if you want?) from hotpoint which you run through the machine once a month. It cost £10 for 12 sachets but obviously worked out to less than £1 each x

I run mine at a 90c cycle with a full load of detergent plus wipe out all the seals, door, tray etc.
I haven't long been doing this though as I didn't actually realise you was supposed too :blush: I have to say though that my clothes do now smell alot nicer and also alot fresher. :)

I use CLR!! I use CLR for everything though, just a regular empty wash cycle, hot water, with about half a cup, and (knock on wood) haven't ever had any problems out of my washer so far. I also hate the gunk that tends to build up around the rim of the washer, it grosses me out, so I clean that with just a damp rag pretty often.

Thanks ladies, I wanna keep this one in the best condition I can.

For those of you that use white vinegar, soda crystals etc do you put them in the drawer or drum???

Xx

I put bicarbonate of soda in the drawer and run a boil wash. I use flash wipes t clean the seal when it gets gungy and manky :thumbup:

I buy the soda crystals to and throw them on a wash keeps it clean as I noticed sometimes it gets smelly. Does the job.

We got some specific washing machine cleaner from Aldi's this week, £1.99 for 2 bottles and it's fab! We soaked the drawer and it took seconds to get all the gunk off, even in the awkward nooks and crannies and wiped the seals over with it too. Then used the rest of the bottle in the machine on a 90.c and it's never been so clean! We got a few bottles so will do this once a month and 90.c weekly.

I use this - https://www.dr-beckmann.co.uk/products/laundry-products/service-it-washing-machine-cleaner/ I get it from Sainsbury's

I need to do mine, how often do you all do yours?

When I get my new one I'm thinking once a month?? Obviously wipe it down etc more often but give it the empty hot cycle once a month?

Be interesting to see what the ladies who already do it say though..........

xx

I didn't know I was supposed to do this! I may just run and put it on an empty wash now while I have no washing to do!! x

It was always my ohs job to clean the machine and Hoover lol so I've been bad and haven't done mine and it's 6 months old :S

I take the draw out and give that a clean in hot water and ile be buying some white vinigar and add that to the draw and do a boil wash once a month

Thanks ladies, I wanna keep this one in the best condition I can.

For those of you that use white vinegar, soda crystals etc do you put them in the drawer or drum???

Xx

I put mine in the drawer. Our machine got a musty smell, the first time I used it it got rid of the smell. I do mine 1-2 times per month.

I do a long wash at 90c with laundry detergent + dishwasher tablet. I do it 1-2 times a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->