Best/worst foods for nausea

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
This may be different for everyone but I'm trying to find something to eat that's easy on my stomach and won't make me feel so sick. Do any of you know of any foods that don't make you feel as bad?

So far it seems that meat is the hardest for me to handle right now.

best me for me green apples worst CHEESE!!! can;t stomach the stuff

Sandwiches , the bread helped me. Crackers. Some soup. Nothing too harsh

Plain and vanilla organic yogurt has been easy on my stomach. Strangely milk has too, despite me usually being sensitive to it while not pregnant. Supposedly ginger is good for nausea and digestion.

Do your prenatals contain enzymes? I definitely recommend enzymes during pregnancy.

I've found that soup has been the most comforting on my stomach. I like potato soup in particular right now. Saltine crackers help a lot with that nauseated-because-I'm-hungry-but-can't-stomach-any-food feeling. Lol. Chewing peppermint gum helps with my nausea too, strangely enough.

Plain and vanilla organic yogurt has been easy on my stomach. Strangely milk has too, despite me usually being sensitive to it while not pregnant. Supposedly ginger is good for nausea and digestion.

Do your prenatals contain enzymes? I definitely recommend enzymes during pregnancy.

Yogurt sounds really good right now. I'm also craving ice cream which is weird since I normally hate it.

Not sure about the enzymes, I'll have to check.

For me, apples are the worst thing I can eat. You don't even want to hear how bad things got when I ate an apple the other day.

Good foods - bananas, for some reason orange juice - I thought the acid would make me sick but I love it right now, potatos, yogurt (I can't eat dairy so I get an yogurt made from almond milk)

Yogurt also has probiotics which help with digestion.

Nothing is great for me at the mo although I generally do feel slightly better just after eating except for today when I had soup for lunch and almost puked right after :(

crackers or plain toast with butter and orange or apple juice is about as far as it goes!

Ginger- I used it when I was pregnant with my twins - Warm ginger ale and crackers stayed in my purse 24/7. But def ginger. Some baby stores actaully sell ginger pops. It gets better... with time ; ) a nurse told me the sicker the better...LOL- I wasnt trying to hear that though! ;) I also found that sucking on a peppermint helped as well. And honestly- i cant recommend this for everyone because it's so old school- but my grandmother told me with my very first pregnancy to take a little bit of table salt and just lick it. Just a little. Believe it or not it's horrible but it works. I did it with everyone of my pregnancies. I would not of course recommend this for everyone - I was desprite, I hate nausea. None of my pregancies had any vomiting but the nausea was so bad it would make my head spin and my mouth would just water, I would have rather vomited though sorry if TMI LOL - good luck to you!!! HAppy and Healthy 9 mos!!!

Personally wheat is the thing that makes me feel terrible at the moment, just can't stomach it.
The best/easiest things for me are things like salad and fruit, really light on the stomach, anything that is not processed.
I use oatcakes to nibble on if I'm feeling nauseous.

Hope you find a diet that suits you *hugs* xx

I am starting to get a lot more nauseous in the morning and I'm finding flat ginger ale and toast helping but anything makes me sick at this point. Meal time is a nightmare and I just burnt my dinner and now I'm in tears. It took me hours to muster the desire to pick dinner and I finally did now it's gross. My jeans are all too tight which doesn't help so I think I'm gonna go get that first pair of maternity pants.

It seems like every day what was once ok to eat suddenly turns into a big NO No I spend more time puking than I do digesting but the one meal my body seems to handle pretty well is Baked Salmon and white rice with cold canned corn which sucks since I know I have to watch how much fish I eat...... So I get to enjoy dinner twice a week the other days I just pray I can keep things down I also find that Pasta of any kind seems to go good for me especially chicken Parm

I can have toast, cereal, bread, pasta, rice...so just carbs! I've being wanting a lot of juicy fruit like watermelon, strawberries, apples which is great as I normally dislike fruit. I can't really handle cucumber, tomato, spring onion at the minute as the heartburn afterwards is unreal. I feel sick all day now and eating something makes me feel a little better. I was the same last time but stuck to carbs and put on so much weight that I'm just trying to eat normally at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->