Bethanie is being a little shit!!

T

Tilly

For the past week or so, maybe a bit more.. Bethanie is being out of control with me. She keeps hitting me and being nasty to me (eg not letting me kiss/cuddle her as much as usual and refusing to eat some of her dinners). She also seems to be crying a lot and having general mood swings.

I thought maybe it's because im pregnant, im sure she understands.. but surely she can't really understand that much to get jealous and nasty to me? we tell her it's baby brother or sister and get her to speak to it every so often, but we don't speak about it to her that much so I don't know if thats the case..

It's quite hurtful as well as she has been saying to Sonny a few times "don't like it mummy" and she will kiss Sonny, then if I ask for a kiss she says "no!" and makes this grunt she does when shes annoyed.

Any advice?

Eek :hugs:

Could you ask her hun "has Mummy done something to upset you" type chat?

I have, I ask her why are you hitting mummy? why are you being nasty to me? but I don't think she understands. She usually says "naughty" "hit mummy" and she says sorry if shes told off for it.
She does still kiss/cuddle me, but only when SHE chooses to and she can be funny with everyone around, but I seem to be getting the brunt of it..
Im not nasty to her, I try my best and I keep wondering if im doing something wrong etc.. :S

How are you with pregnancy? Although shes aware of sister or brother coming and theres no attention 'on' another baby in the house yet ...she may pick up on the fact Mummy is all of a sudden tired, grumpier, doesn't concentrate on Bethanie as much ...etc etc

I was so tired and spacey thats why I ask and she may pick up on a different Mummy?

Hope that makes sense?!

Yep that makes sense completely. The only way I think im different is of course being a bit tired and feeling sick - but I don't think im paying her less attention.. I asked Sonny and he said I don't seem any different.

Im really baffled and upset by it :/ I know I shouldn't take it to heart, but I can't help it.

Do you think that she is maybe just trying to see how far she can push you if youre obviously tired etc. When I fell pg Eleanor, chris's other daughter was abit like this with me, Not hitting me and thing but just used to play up. She was abit older than Bethanie though. She was something like 2 months before turning 3. I dunno if it was a surge of jealousy in a way, now Olivia is here she's fine with me again but some times it just seems as if she craves my attenetion and gets quite nasty to Olivia some days if Chris or I are giving Olivia attention
x

Edit. Ive just realised. She was actually coming up 2... :Blush: I forget that Olivia is 14 months sometimes. Lol

If you think maybe the pregnancy is causing it.. Maybe give Bethanie a gift from the baby, So she will think the baby is a good thing not a bad thing
Saw someone in the same situation as this on home and health and it worked for them

I got her a book when we found out, she seemed to like the idea at first.. we also sang a song about mummy having a baby in her belly and she loved it. I got her a potty trainer seat and said it was a present from the baby.

Recently, she has said "don't like it, make it go away" and if anyone asks if shes going to be a big sister she will shout "no!" and "don't like it big sister" lmao

:hugs:

Eleanor ignored people when they asked her things like that. I think they soon realise that actually im not going to be the only one.

Bless. Must be difficult. I mean it was difficult when we omly saw eleanor 2 days per week

x

Shes being better - shes kissing and cuddling me again and im trying to mention the baby a bit more and be more positive about things (not that I was being negative) but i've been making things sound fun. I don't even have any idea if that is why shes being funny, or whether it's just her age.

She is still hitting, today after dinner she hit me, then when I tried to brush her teeth she went mad and headbutt me!! I think im going to be firmer with this hitting business, she will be going for time out/naughty step a lot more if she carries on. She also tries to bite recently if you hold her hands when telling her off.

I think a lot of the problem is living with my boyfriends parents, she can be as good as gold for me all day but wants her own way when they get home. I could tolerate this when visiting them, but every night is a bit much for me - really can't wait to move!!

Thanks for the advice all, it's doing my head in recently! probably because im more tired and feeling sick myself..

Sounds like the terrible twos , this is what i had with Carly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->