Beyond angry!!!

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
I just needed to vent about my horrible experience with a very rude nurse at the hospital today...I was having quite a bit of pain and discomfort with some definite contractions since yesterday at 5 pm, finally at 4am this morning I called my midwife who told me to go in and be seen. When I got there I was immediately annoyed because I have seen this nurse in action before when k had to take my friend to the ER about a year ago when she was in early labor with her baby and she was her nurse she was horrid and mean. Anyhow my midwife ordered a fetal fibronectin which tests to see if you're at risk of premature delivery within the next 2 weeks, I politely told her I'd like to wait until they've monitored contractions for a little bit and until I've had the chance to speak to my husband...well she wasn't too happy about that but oh well. About 20 minutes later after I had a better understanding of the test I agreed to have it done. She came in with a swab and stuck it up my lady parts, it was excruciating, and even though I was writhing and very visibly in pain, she asked me 3 times during what is supposed to be a very quick procedure if "it really hurt that bad" when she pulled out the swab, there was blood on it which of course scared me so I called dh to tell home to take our kids to a friends house so he could come be with me...anyhow afterwards it felt like millions of needles to pee and I almost cried just from peeing and there was a very good amount of blood when I wiped...which I have had no blood whatsoever in this whole pregnancy and nothing else pointed to anything being wrong. After talking to a friend who used to work in the e r and then high risk maternity she thought it was weird that she didn't use a speculum and thinks she very well was rough with me on purpose as she's personally seen that happen with nurses in the ER when they're not happy with a patient and/or she went up my urethra which I think is very possible because of how much it burns now(there's abrasions from the swab) when I pee. My dh was so mad about it all that he told me that if I didn't report it, he would be upset because he also strongly believes she either did it intentionally or she doesn't know how to do her job. Even the nurse at my Midwifes office said it sounds like something went really wrong. And now I have to go to another appointment tomorrow so they can repeat the test because it did come in positive but it's most likely a false positive because of the blood :growlmad: Anyways just venting!!!!!

I'm so angry for you. That's disgusting. Bless you. It's not on the way she treated you. I would definitely report her. Sorry to hear that you're in such discomfort as well. Try not to worry about the test, hopefully it's a false positive and hopefully this nurse gets what she deserves

😱😱😱 I'm horrified! What a nasty woman. You complain hun that's the only way this cruel creature will be stopped. I 🙏🏻 all is well Hun xx

Gosh that sounds terrible I would also report this woman, she is meant to be professional and caring but it doesn't sound like that happened with you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Make sure if you ever have the misfortune to bump into her again that you refuse her treatment.

I just needed to vent about my horrible experience with a very rude nurse at the hospital today...I was having quite a bit of pain and discomfort with some definite contractions since yesterday at 5 pm, finally at 4am this morning I called my midwife who told me to go in and be seen. When I got there I was immediately annoyed because I have seen this nurse in action before when k had to take my friend to the ER about a year ago when she was in early labor with her baby and she was her nurse she was horrid and mean. Anyhow my midwife ordered a fetal fibronectin which tests to see if you're at risk of premature delivery within the next 2 weeks, I politely told her I'd like to wait until they've monitored contractions for a little bit and until I've had the chance to speak to my husband...well she wasn't too happy about that but oh well. About 20 minutes later after I had a better understanding of the test I agreed to have it done. She came in with a swab and stuck it up my lady parts, it was excruciating, and even though I was writhing and very visibly in pain, she asked me 3 times during what is supposed to be a very quick procedure if "it really hurt that bad" when she pulled out the swab, there was blood on it which of course scared me so I called dh to tell home to take our kids to a friends house so he could come be with me...anyhow afterwards it felt like millions of needles to pee and I almost cried just from peeing and there was a very good amount of blood when I wiped...which I have had no blood whatsoever in this whole pregnancy and nothing else pointed to anything being wrong. After talking to a friend who used to work in the e r and then high risk maternity she thought it was weird that she didn't use a speculum and thinks she very well was rough with me on purpose as she's personally seen that happen with nurses in the ER when they're not happy with a patient and/or she went up my urethra which I think is very possible because of how much it burns now(there's abrasions from the swab) when I pee. My dh was so mad about it all that he told me that if I didn't report it, he would be upset because he also strongly believes she either did it intentionally or she doesn't know how to do her job. Even the nurse at my Midwifes office said it sounds like something went really wrong. And now I have to go to another appointment tomorrow so they can repeat the test because it did come in positive but it's most likely a false positive because of the blood :growlmad: Anyways just venting!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be beyond mad as well. I see you live in MD. If you don't mind me asking, which hospital did you go to?

Oh my gosh. How dare she violate you in this way. Definitely complain. 100%. I hope she never gets to behave this way with a patient ever again.

So sorry you're going through contractions and worry :hugs:

That's horrible. Definitely report her! She doesn't need to be touching patients. I love that you're bleeding and she asks if it really hurt that bad. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Wow what a bitch I am so sorry you had to experience that like you were not worried and upset enough!!! I am so angry for you :grr:

I would report her!! :hugs:

She needs to be removed from her position, this is gross misconduct and sounds dangerous to me!

Thanks ladies, it was awful and I've cried multiple times times today due to the pain I'm experiencing every time I use the restroom :( I did report it and the lady stopped me before I was even done and said how horrible it was that it needed to be reported as a grievance and not just a complaint so she transferred me to the patient advocate supervisor.

Aw, Jamie. I'm sorry you had such an awful experience.

Hospitals usually send out HCAHPS surveys and I strongly advise you to detail the full extent of your experience on your survey, because poor quality of care actually does affect the way hospitals get paid. Although it can't change your awful experience, hopefully you will at least get some satisfaction knowing that all the poor reviews of that particular nurse will probably cost the hospital LOTS of money.

Hope your next swab comes up negative and that the experience is as pleasant as possible. :hugs:

Glad to see it is being treated as a grievance. They will have policies in place to deal with that, and I suspect the nurse will have some repercussions. If this isn't her first formal complaint, she might even get sacked. I hope she does. She sounds truly awful.

That is soooo awful, I'm so sorry to hear that!!

I also hope those contractions get straightened out and it's just a false positive :(

Sounds like the person you where dealing with has had complaints about this "nurse" before. I say "nurse" as she seems very unprofessional and uncaring.

What a nightmare, I hope this person never works with people again. She should not be allowed anywhere near pregnant and sick people. I'm truly disgusted that you had to go through that :( Hope you feel better soon xx

Wow, this is really terrible. I'm so sorry to hear you were put through this. A nurse once told me that if someone is putting me through unnecessary pain or is doing a really horrible job, it is absolutely within my right to request a new nurse, and to walk out if I have to. Please don't be afraid to do that.

Wow, this is really terrible. I'm so sorry to hear you were put through this. A nurse once told me that if someone is putting me through unnecessary pain or is doing a really horrible job, it is absolutely within my right to request a new nurse, and to walk out if I have to. Please don't be afraid to do that.

Thanks, other than being a little annoyed with me that I asked to wait, she hadn't really done anything up until the point of the swab to where I would have felt compelled to request a different nurse...otherwise I probably would have :(

Anyhow I have still been bleeding, I found out they did the exact same thing to a good friend of mine, probably the same nurse too and she said it took a good 2-3 days before she wasn't hurting anymore :nope: I am crying every time I go to the bathroom and my dh is so infuriated with that nurse. The one thing I have assurance in is knowing my baby is fine, I'm sure of it because they tested a whole bunch of other stuff as well they did a special ultrasound where he gets points for doing certain things/having enough fluid etc...I scored a 12/12 and my cervix was perfect so the only thing besides my contractions which are now gone pointing to anything at all would be the the stupid test which I know she did wrong and made me bleed which caused the false positive.

Thanks again for all the support, it really means a lot, I have had a very rough day :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->