Beyond frustrated :(

megangrohl

Mama to Lily!
Reaction score
And nobody seems to want to listen. I am 27 years old and fiance is 32 years old. I have had one pregnancy with a previous boyfriend (not trying) which ended in MC (blighted ovum). While I am glad that I did not end up with him I am still very upset by the miscarriage. I have really bad history with my periods.

I went off the pill back 5 years ago and suffered for about 2.5 years to get regular/normal periods. Once I was regulated I was getting it every 26-30 days which 26 days being most common. And then I had went to the hospital here for late period and pregnancy type stuff but negative HPT's. Turns out I had an ovarian cyst which caused pregnancy symptoms because of the high levels of progesterone.

So that was fine (really upset me), the next month I was expecting period but didn't get one. Turns out I was pregnant and baby stopped developing (blighted ovum) but still had hCG in system so kept getting pregnancy symptoms. had to have D&C.

I am worried that the D&C has screwed my body up. my periods have been lighter since the D&C and pretty regular unless there is a cyst. My concern is that I will never get pregnant again or that it will take another 5 years. By then I will be too old (33 years old) and miscarriage rate goes higher past the age of 30.

I tested a few days ago because I had extremely sore breasts. Turned up negative and I have been an emotional wreck since then. Very angry, very bitter, always crying, not really happy at all. Can anyone relate? Please help I don't know what to do anymore

That sounds so stressful!! :hugs: I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get a sticky bean!

Thank you for your reply. At least someone seems to be listening. I hope I get it too but it really doesn't seem hopeful anytime soon and my thought process is that if I do get pregnant I will just miscarry. :(

Having a baby in your 30's is not to old. I had my 2nd child at 36 and so did my SIL. I am now ttc at 37. You've got time on your side.

Time is not the problem. To me, its the fact that I don't seem to have high quality eggs because of the blighted ovum already and I am only 27 (turning 28). I had the miscarriage last year so I was 26 when it happened. :(

Sorry to hear you're having trouble conceiving. Here are a few ideas I've heard about while reading through BnB:

Female fertility tests - you can get them online (I got mine on Ebay) or I heard that First Response is currently running a special that they come free when you buy a 2 or 3 pack of their HPTs

Charting BBT - This will confirm that you are in fact ovulating and give you an idea of when so you can better time your :sex: for conception

Vitex aka Angus Cactus - I don't know much about it but I've heard it can regulate your cycle. There are threads about it in the TTC and Discussion boards

Soy Isoflaves - Similar to Clomid, will induce ovulation. There are two threads on it that I chat on
Let's Welcome Soy & Soy, Nature's Clomid

Grapefruit Juice will thicken the lining of your uterus making your periods heavier and giving your fertilized egg more to burrow into lessening the risk of miscarriage

Robitussin (& I think EPO does this too?) - There is a specific variety that will increase your fertile CM so the :spermy: are more easily able to make it up the fallopian tubes

Hope that helps a bit.... :hug:

Thank you, you are too kind. I have heard about the robitussin increasing the CM but I don't have a problem in that department. As for the ovulation thing I am not sure if I am ovulating. But some months I have EXTREMELY bad PMS and some months I have barely any PMS and I read that the more PMS you have the more likely it is that you have ovulated. That and the breast tenderness that comes with ovulation is another sign as long as it's on the sides of your breasts which I had this month.

I *could* try the vitex thing you mentioned. Can I get it anywhere? What are female fertility tests? I use the cheap HPT's at the dollar store because they confirmed my pregnancy last time I was pregnant (but went on to MC). Perhaps I will try the grapefruit juice but I have a very good level of progesterone (as I have been told) so I don't think that is the cause for my miscarriage since mine was a blighted ovum it was an egg/sperm problem.

I do chart but I don't use a BBT because I don't get constant sleep so it's unreliable. I do use fertilityfriend.com to chart the days between periods and the PMS symptoms I get.

Thank you so much for your reply it means alot!

Also forgot to mention that my periods last between 2 and 4 days. The first 2 days are heavy to moderate and crampy, and the last two are pretty light. I am taking prenatal vitamins and have been for months so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you, you are too kind. I have heard about the robitussin increasing the CM but I don't have a problem in that department. As for the ovulation thing I am not sure if I am ovulating. But some months I have EXTREMELY bad PMS and some months I have barely any PMS and I read that the more PMS you have the more likely it is that you have ovulated. That and the breast tenderness that comes with ovulation is another sign as long as it's on the sides of your breasts which I had this month.

I *could* try the vitex thing you mentioned. Can I get it anywhere? What are female fertility tests? I use the cheap HPT's at the dollar store because they confirmed my pregnancy last time I was pregnant (but went on to MC). Perhaps I will try the grapefruit juice but I have a very good level of progesterone (as I have been told) so I don't think that is the cause for my miscarriage since mine was a blighted ovum it was an egg/sperm problem.

I do chart but I don't use a BBT because I don't get constant sleep so it's unreliable. I do use fertilityfriend.com to chart the days between periods and the PMS symptoms I get.

Thank you so much for your reply it means alot!

The Vitex aka Angus Cactus is found at any vitamin store (such as GNC) here in the US so it's probably the same in Canada.

For the female fertility tests, if I remember right they test the quality of your eggs based on your estrogen levels throughout your cycle. You take a test on CD3, 10, and 17. I got mine on Ebay.

best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->