Beyond irritated!

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
My hormones are instructing me to jab DH in the face.

It's 1am in the uk and I cannot sleep. I got into bed at a nice normal time of 10pm and drifted off to sleep quite happily but then got woken up twice by stupid noises from the pub nearby :growlmad:

DH got home two hours ago from drinks with work people and has been asleep ever since. So deeply asleep that no amount of me tossing and turning, opening the window or shining the bright iPad light in his face makes a difference. He hasn't moved since he got into bed. I actually just checked he was still breathing.

I am exhausted and he's happily snoozing away. I'm itchy all over and baby boy is kicking like he's doing a synchronised swimming routine.

I know it's completely irrational but needed to vent and figured you're the only ladies who would understand :haha:

It is so annoying they can still sleep when are miserable and awake!

My oh is away tonight and although he didn't wake me up (it was my cat trying to get in miaowing at the door that woke me) im annoyed that he's asleep and im awake again! I text him to see if hes had a good night as its been his work leaving party and hes comatosed!! I've been awake for hours now, since around 2am and I get this every single night.

Haha, yep. It's so frustrating isn't it! Also when DD calls out at 2am asking for milk and honey! Wtf?? (Your 5 years old! You don't need it - you've woken mummy up and now I can't get back to sleep!) thanks hubby for giving it to her just before she went to bed the night before saying it will help her sleep. To add to it, how annoying when I get DD up in the morning and SHE complains she is tired. You woke your mother up who is now grumpy as!! Try being heavily pregnant, suffering night after night with litttle sleep, all congested, back aching and not being able to get comfortable! THEN complain about being tired! Sorry, guess I had a bit of a rant then didn't I! Lol - so um, yes, I understand your frustration. X

Very glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering with murderous rage in the middle of the night :haha:

Eventually fell asleep about 2am and feel like I've been punched in the face today :growlmad:

Bubsta milk and honey?! How weird!

Warm milk and honey is really helpful for sleeping.... I just don't want to get up at 2am to get it for someone else who doesn't really need it. Give it a try if you haven't before. It is yummy and relaxing! Mind you.... I guess if we have it being pregnant, we would need to just get up and pee! Kinda defeats the purpose!

I know EXACTLY how you feel, Pie! I actually told my DH how irrationally frustrated I get at him when I'm laying in bed awake because Alia is crying and he's happily snoozing away. He told me to just wake him up. He said, "Better that than have you laying there frustrated at me." :haha:

LOL @Bubsta! My husband does the same thing! When he puts the kids to bed he has to wait outside the door because they'll call out 2 or 3 times afterwards. He gives into the "I have to go potty, need a drink of water, need 2 blankets, need this animal.." crap.

I do not. I put them to bed, and that's that. No water, no potty, no blankets, no additional animals. Of course they ask, but I just say no.

I also typically make him get up and take care of any middle-of-the-night stuff. If I have to go upstairs, I end up breathing like I just ran a marathon and I can't sleep for hours. He, of course, can do it and fall asleep within 5 minutes.

lol usually I'm able to fall asleep instantly but I always got my bursts once a month before pregnancy too, that I just can't sleep. So I'll lay there and two hours later I'll realize he's snoring. I glare at him and move the dogs on him go potty turning on all the lights in our room and nada! He still sleeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->