Beyond worried :(

alittlefaith

Reaction score
Long story long ....
Lmp: March 22
EDD: December 27
26 day cycle (always)
BFP Five days before missed period

Today I went in for an ultrasound . According to my due date I should be 7 weeks 2 days . The ultrasound measurements say I'm on 5 weeks 4 days . It pushed me back exactly two weeks .

Now I completely understand that sometimes there is late ovulation & implantation . But the problem is I know exactly when I fell pregnant . I had sex the once ,The same day I ovulated (positive ov. Test) . So I'm unclear on why I'm 2 weeks behind . The tech saw a sac & said there was a flicker of the heartbeat but it wasn't measured . Am I losing this baby ? I'm so worried . I go back for a follow up in 10 days .

Anyone ever experience this or something like this ? Did the baby ever catch up to your dates ? Anything would be helpful . Thank you .
image.jpg

Remember ovulation doesnt tell when you actually fell pregnant. You are not pregnant until you implant when the hcg starts rising. Some people happen to be late implanters. The problem is many people get stressed out when they get put behind after their first scan. Remember baby is super tiny and hard to measure. One slight movement etc can change the date drastically. Its once you have your 20 week ultrasound that the due date is more accurate to what you figured in the beginning. So please dont stress yourself out. Baby could be just fine :)

Remember ovulation doesnt tell when you actually fell pregnant. You are not pregnant until you implant when the hcg starts rising. Some people happen to be late implanters. The problem is many people get stressed out when they get put behind after their first scan. Remember baby is super tiny and hard to measure. One slight movement etc can change the date drastically. Its once you have your 20 week ultrasound that the due date is more accurate to what you figured in the beginning. So please dont stress yourself out. Baby could be just fine :)

Can you get a positive test before implantation ? Just curious .

I have spent a lot of time reading stories on missedmisscarriage.com and there are lots of similar stories where they measured significantly behind or had an empty sac and were told the pregnancy was not viable - and many times even had a D&C scheduled - and sometimes multiple scans too, only to suddenly see a baby measuring on track or close to it.
Many times it does turn out to be bad news, but there is definitely still hope and I would never rule anything out without a second scan in a week or two.

Please dont worry. I should have been 6 weeks preg 12days ago and had a scan after bleeding. The sac measured 4 weeks with nil else to see, 8 days later baby measured 7 weeks with a strong heartbeat! I just dont think all babies grow at exactly the same right. As pp mentioned you may have implanted late despite knowing when you ovulated x

Can you get a positive test before implantation ? Just curious .

I don't think you can as it's one implantation occurs that the hcg levels start rising. It can take 6-12 days for implantation to occur.

After implantation it usually takes around 48 hours for the hcg to be strong enough to turn a test positive. :thumbup:

Thanks for replying .?

That's why I'm a little confused . I got like 4 BFPs before I even missed my period . About 5 days before . That's mostly why I'm so worried .

The other posters are right...before implantation you cant get a positive test, as only once the egg implants is when the body is told to release hcg which the tests go based on.

The other posters are right...before implantation you cant get a positive test, as only once the egg implants is when the body is told to release hcg which the tests go based on.

Yes that's what I thought . And that's what worries me . I got many BFPs before my missed period but there was little to nothing in my ultrasound . I'm afraid that this baby is on its why out . Won't know until May 22 . Just hopeful that everything works out .

Try to not worry for now...fx that you get better news at your next apt.

Please don't worry! With my daughter, I knew exactly when my last period was, exactly when I ovulated, and we only had sex one time that could have resulted in pregnancy. But when I went in at about 6w4d for an ultrasound due to bleeding, they said there was only a sac and that I was 4 weeks pregnant. Which of course I knew was incorrect.

I spent the next few weeks totally terrified. Then after more bleeding when I should have been 9+4, went in for another ultrasound and there was a baby with a heartbeat but she measured 8+4.

I adjusted my due date thinking I must've been off, went in at 12 weeks because of MORE bleeding, and she had jumped forward to 13 weeks! So she caught up at last. I KNEW my dates, she was just behind for some reason.

Early pregnancy is really chaotic and scary and the development of your baby is going to be different from other peoples. Some people might have textbook pregnancies, some people (like me) might look a bit different. Or a lot different. As of right now, you're good, so please please try to relax :hugs:

Please don't worry! With my daughter, I knew exactly when my last period was, exactly when I ovulated, and we only had sex one time that could have resulted in pregnancy. But when I went in at about 6w4d for an ultrasound due to bleeding, they said there was only a sac and that I was 4 weeks pregnant. Which of course I knew was incorrect.

I spent the next few weeks totally terrified. Then after more bleeding when I should have been 9+4, went in for another ultrasound and there was a baby with a heartbeat but she measured 8+4.

I adjusted my due date thinking I must've been off, went in at 12 weeks because of MORE bleeding, and she had jumped forward to 13 weeks! So she caught up at last. I KNEW my dates, she was just behind for some reason.

Early pregnancy is really chaotic and scary and the development of your baby is going to be different from other peoples. Some people might have textbook pregnancies, some people (like me) might look a bit different. Or a lot different. As of right now, you're good, so please please try to relax :hugs:

Thanks you so much for that . I finally calmed down a little . Pregnancy can be so scary at times . Hopefully I catch up :)

Try to focus on the fact that they saw the heartbeat. Baby is alive and well. Growth can slow down and speed up, it really depends on the baby. Implantation can happen late. Measurements can be skewed based on the angle of the ultrasound.

The u/s tech at my hospital said they won't usually base any growth determinations off of two scans unless the scans are at least 10 days apart since measurements can actually appear to shrink over the course of a few days just because of how the uterus moves around and how the angle of the ultrasound can change how things are measured. She said she's seen babies appear to shrink from one visit to the next if the visits were only a few days apart- just because of how things are positioned on a given day. I guess what I'm saying is that things can often measure smaller than they actually are.

I think going back in 10 days sounds like a great plan. You'll be able to more accurately gauge how things are developing, and they'll be able to see everything a lot more clearly. Once they see a heartbeat at all, your chance of loss drops SO much. Take it as a great sign that you saw that heartbeat. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->