bf and I'm gaining weight :(

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I'm so miserable. After dd was born I only had a stone to go to be back to my already overweight pre pregnancy weight. Awesome I thought. I must admit to over eatingon large choccie bars etc. My appeappetite was huge! I put on 5lbs by the time dd was 6 weeks. I was over eating but always hungry and drinking loads.

So at 6 weeks I joined ww pro points online. I have reigned in my chocolate eating and I have a high points allowance (probably approx 1800 cals a day). I am eating lots more fruit but I am always hungry and despite keeping to my points allowance I have been gaining 0.5lb a week for the past 4 weeks.

I am eating more protein, oats at breakfast and as my evening snack trying to escape the caffeine sugar cycle.

With a toddler and 10 week old I am exhausted. I hhardly get time to exercise. I'm not even getting out for walks because all of my toddlers activities are places I can't walk to. In the evenings I am so tired and dd has only just stopped cluster feeding constantly.

She doesn't go long enough between feeds for me to have a swim of an evening or anything.

I feel really sad about it as I am a dress size bigger. Im trying to ensure my calories are at least good calories eg not chocolate and biscuits etc.

I've never been this hungry before. Is it just the lack of sleep and bfing? I read that once you stop you often lose weight but I don't want to stop and need to lose weight :(

I eat 1640 calories a day. I do myfitnesspal. I've lost 41 pounds since 5weeks pp. so about 10 weeks. I was working out doing 10-20 minute youtube workouts but I've recently stopped. A pound is 3500 calories so you have to cut back that many calories to lose a pound. It will happen if you're consistent. (Unless you have a medical condition). When I started I really had to change my mindset. I was in no rush, it wasn't a race and I was going to be 100% healthy about it. Funny thing is I've never lost weight so fast or so much before. I don't eat as much meat anymore and I drink green tea when I can. Other than that it's just all moderation.

I think my points allowance is too high. This week I've stayed the same. Better than a gain. I think I'm also fearful of cutting cals too much in case it affects supply.

WW give too many points in my opinion. I also think SW is better as you're eating the right foods in moderation whereas WW you can essentially eat less but eat shit if you're within your points allowance. I'm now 8.5kg UNDER my pre-preg weight thought plateaued a bit now but in no rush!

Yeah I've been considering joining sw and going to a class!

I also gained weight whilst breastfeeding.It gave me a huge appetite.My son is now 3 and I have joined sw and lost 2.5st in 6 months.

Yeah I've been considering joining sw and going to a class!

My weight has maintained while BFing. The hormones can make you gain weight, maintain or lose. It's not guaranteed that BFing will help you to lose weight, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->