BF and menstruation question!

BlushingBride

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a FTM with a 7 month old. My breastfeeding was never enough to feed my baby completely so I have been supplementing since about one month old. The older he got the more I weaned off of BF and more onto formula. Within the past month I've cut back to BF only once in the mornings and the past few days I have weaned off completely. :cry: I was wondering if I should have gotten a period already. I know everyone gets it at different times but I thought for sure by now with as little as I've been doing for so long I would have gotten it already. I've taken a few pg tests and all are negative.

My son is also 7 months and at 4 months started to refuse the breast since he had bad reflux, he continued to have 1 feed in the night until just over 5 months. So for almost 3 months I wasn't feeding and I still didn't get a period, went to my drs last week where they did pregnancy test and blood test, pregnancy test xame back negative but turns out I'm aneamic and have started iron tablets the dr gave me and started spotting less than a week later so maybe you should get checked out

With my 1st I combi fed her so I got my period back when she was about 3 months old. This time I'm breastfeeding exclusively and aside from bleeding after birth the last time I actually had my period was before I got pregnant LOL

Sorry to butt in but this has intrigued me. Does breastfeeding stop your from getting your period :shrug:

It can do tinymumma, I've been bfing for 8 months and have had one.

I don't think you need to worry, it will probably return soon, but if you are feeling stressed maybe talk to a doctor x

With my first LO, I had to completely stop before my periods returned. I expressed every morning for a month after stopping feeding, and it still didn't return until 6 weeks after I stopped expressing. DS2 is nearly 7 months old and no sign of anything yet this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->