Bf at irregular times

Lil mole

Reaction score
Sorry, not sure how to word the title. I'm back at work next week and currently still feeding my one year old (one today!) on demand. She demands quite a bit, usually 4-5 feeds a day but will put up with 3 feeds if I'm away for her during the day. Oh and she always feeds at least once overnight.

I work quite odd and often irregular hours, 12hr+ shifts, days and nights. Will she cope/ I keep a supply if I can't feed her at even remotely similar times of day? Like there maybe occasions where I'll only see her once or twice in a four day run of shifts. I can't express at work either, it's just not possible for the facilities to be provided for me, and due to the nature of my job is never get the time to do it. It takes me forever to express even a small amount.

It's making me quite anxious about going back to work. It doesn't help that she has refused any milk other than bm. She does drink water, but has a dairy allergy and won't touch alternative milks or formula. I am currently trying to get her to drink the dairy free follow on milk she's been prescribed but not much luck so far. Dietician is concerned about her calcium intake and she has low iron stores, hence wanting her to take extra formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->