BF baby sleeping through the night already?!

pregatlast

Brand new mummy
Reaction score
My LO is 11 weeks old. The first few weeks felt like constant feeding and very little sleep. The next few weeks were slightly less feeding and slightly more sleep. Now, all of a sudden, she has slept 8/8.5 hours the last 3 nights in a row. Now I'm not complaining - but is that ok?! I thought they were meant to feed every 4 hours or so?

Thats fine.
My first lo started sttn from about then.aswell..she was doin 8hrs feed then another four straight after..it was great lol...it lasted for about 6-8 weeks then she started teethin and.started to wake in the night again.

Yeah my LO has just slept for about another 3.5 hours too! I was just worried it was too long without a feed.

My LO is not sttn yet, but she does go 4-5 hours at a time. But sometimes I have to wake her up because I am so engorged after 4 hours. How do you deal with the fullness when they start sleeping 8 hours at a time?! I'm already a little nervous about that.

You just have to deal with it for a few days as it wil calm down because your body wil stop producing so much milk at night...
Honestly they wer like boulders on my chest.. Lol and a muslin square wasnt enough for expressin had to use a nappy lool

Last night I fed DD2 around 10h15 pm and she woke up at 6am:happydance: I'm really hoping she'll keep doing this :)

Yeah I was pretty full and sore when I woke up - then my toddler bounded in and elbowed me in the boob!!!! Oooouuuccchhhhh!!!!

I jinxed myself...she slept like total crap last night:dohh:

My LO has been sleeping around 7 hours a night for a good few weeks and he is only 10 weeks now. But the same as you, as soon as I acknowledged it he had a few really awake nights! but his longer stretches of sleep routine did resume x

Dont worry melfy...atleast u kno ur lo is capable of it. Lo must hav just been uncomfortable or something?

Mine is the same. Usually going 9-10 till about 6. My boobs are agony by morning though :-S xx

Dont worry melfy...atleast u kno ur lo is capable of it. Lo must hav just been uncomfortable or something?

yeah I have a feeling she might have been cold. The heater was down in our bedroom and she didn't have a long onesie on, even though she was all bundled up in a blanket...I know I'm a terrible mom:blush: We'll see tonight!!

Does your babies sleeping thru mess with your milk supply at all? My LO has done it a few times (and when she doesn't she only wakes once or twice) but im worried that when she goes all through the night that it will cause my milk to decrease :/

Your milk will eventually decrease JUST at night time. Amazing isnt it. You wil still produce during the day. And you might get your period aswell due to lo not feeding around the.clock.. Some do some dont get their period when lo sttn's.
Melfy...no ones perfect... Im sure she was fine!

Sorry if I sound like a complete novice lol. But if the milk supply decreases at night, what happens when baby does wake in the night and there isnt much milk? Will you produce more?

I think you will produce more.

My baby sttn for a few weeks then reverted to waking up several times during the night. She always nursed back to sleep again so I have no reason to believe there was no milk. But I'm a beginner myself...so I could be wrong...

Thanks for the advice. I didn't get to breast feed very long with my son, so didn't really get a chance to learn anything. This time around I feel like such a novice! lol

My daughter started sleeping longer by 6 weeks and by 8 weeks she always slept at least 6hrs straight and usually longer. Enjoy it!!

I started building my freezer stash when DD started sleeping through the night. It was nice to have for just-in-case moments :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->