BF lying down?

kateqpr

Reaction score
I've just discovered i can do this position!!!! So now at night i lie on my side with poppy facing me and happily feeding. It's brilliant!! No more sat in the nursery chair trying to keep my eyes open and listening to the radio!!

Anyone else a fan of this position? I actually feel asleep like that the other morning, and woke up with a sleeping, full happy baby facing me. Lovely.

i feed leyla like that sometimes but im always too paranoid to fall asleep in case i roll on her or something lol

x

I love it, took me a while to sort out how to do it right but it's great in the mornings now and I kick DP out so we've got room to do it properly and he gets breakfast while I feed!

x

I used to feed Poppy this way a lot when she was very little - meant we got an extra hour or so in bed in the morning! I could doze while she was feeding which was great. Had to stop in the end, just because she tended to posset a lot after her feeds and if she wasn't winded she would just end up being sick while lying on her back/side which wasn't very nice for her, so that put a stop to that!

I love feeding like this - Jess wakes up about 6 and gets into bed with me for the breakfast feed where we doze together until we have to get up with her brother at 7.30. So lush and she loves it too :happydance:

Yup. This is how I do Poppy's night feed and morning feed. It's lovely and realxing for both of us. And I do occasionally drop off during night feeds, which is fine by me!

I would like it cept the other boob going off like a little fountain and I get to milky wet and uncomfortable...

yep thats how we feed morning and night and i LOVE IT!!!

i get an extra half and hours nap and he gets a snack!

This was the ONLY position I could get Aaron latched on properly in for the first four months. It was really nice and restfull at first, but I was soooo glad when he finally learnt to feed with me sitting up! :rofl:

I feed Amelie like this during the night :D saves me sitting up whilst half asleep LOL

I can't do this position for love nor money! We just can't get comfy and I end up twisted, with back ache. Any pointers any one?!!

I surround myself with pillows - a blast from my pregnancy past!

One behind me to stop me rolling backwards, one behind poppy's bum so she's facing me, and then an extra one on under my head to raise me up a little.

I would like it cept the other boob going off like a little fountain and I get to milky wet and uncomfortable...

You could try a nipple / breast shell, forget what they're called, they're a plastic thing you stick over your nipple and they collect milk. You can get them from Boots if you wanted to give it a go (you can store the milk you collect too if you sterilise them first :) ) x

I can't do this position for love nor money! We just can't get comfy and I end up twisted, with back ache. Any pointers any one?!!

I prop his head up on my arm, think it depends on where your nipples are what will work?!!! x

Use pillows to get you and baby into a good position:happydance:

I couldn't do this with my other babies as they always puked everywhere:dohh:. Erin loves it though for her last feed then I just transfer her to her crib:cloud9:

You could try a nipple / breast shell, forget what they're called, they're a plastic thing you stick over your nipple and they collect milk. You can get them from Boots if you wanted to give it a go (you can store the milk you collect too if you sterilise them first :) ) x

thanks, I have these and they are a blast for expressing because I collect loads in the morning (well, provided you empty them in time. Or you have a whole new kind of milky disaster).. they just don't work very well lying in that position. So I will be sitting up :D At least it reduces the time spent on that god awful pump :D

i fed DS like this at night time. not yet tried it with katie yet though

This was the position I learned to BF in when I was in the hospital when I had Harry. It was the position I first ever fed him in too! I found it really easy.

When we had Harry in our room for the first 2-3 weeks, I used to take him out of his basinette, put him in bed with us and would feed him like that.... but then I started falling asleep and I don't trust myself to sleep with him. I'm a heavy sleeper, and so is hubby, so I stopped feeding him like that. I still do it in the morning though - just for cuddles in bed :) When Harry wakes up in the morning, hubby will go and get him and put him in the bed with me for a feed and a cuddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->