BF lying down?

I have tried feeding whilst laying down but it just doesn't work for us, maybe coz i'm on the small side? I reckon if i had bigger baps it would be more comfy... lol

I love feeding in this position too, especially as my wee man thinks 5am is the ideal time to wake up for the day. He comes into bed with us, has a feed where we are both relaxed and then drifts of back to sleep for a little while longer, 9 out of 10 times.

I love feeding lying down aswell. This is what we do in the mornings, she always drifts off for abit longer.

I did it once in the hospital, but it was too difficult for me because of the size of my boobs. Plus, I had a section and laying on my side can be really difficult and painful right now.

Although I probably will try it again sometime cause I'm always falling asleep while sitting up!

Def trying this tonight for the night time feeds!!!

i feed like that a lot :) especially for the night feeds

I did it once in the hospital, but it was too difficult for me because of the size of my boobs. Plus, I had a section and laying on my side can be really difficult and painful right now.

Ditto. We tried it for a day after we came home and it was the only position Jack would latch on with at first but it was just so painful for me both on my wound and my shoulder/arm that I was propped up on. No good trying to do it not propped up as my boobs are very large and the nipple would just disappear against the mattress! :rofl: Might try it again in a while, now that we're off the nipple shields and once my section wound isn't so painful.

Ditto. We tried it for a day after we came home and it was the only position Jack would latch on with at first but it was just so painful for me both on my wound and my shoulder/arm that I was propped up on. No good trying to do it not propped up as my boobs are very large and the nipple would just disappear against the mattress! :rofl: Might try it again in a while, now that we're off the nipple shields and once my section wound isn't so painful.

I actually tried again last night! And I managed fine and it was successful! Could only do it on my left side though, laying on my right hurts too bad! It's just harder to get the baby latched on because the boob becomes more difficult to control!!!

I'm an E cup (F in the early days) and I'm fine to feed when lying down. One of the advantages of being bigger is that you can feed from either breast without having to roll over lol. I actually wish I tried feeding this way in the early days as I found it more painful to sit up to feed than to just plug her in, it would have also meant that I was a lot less sleep deprived.

I'm an E cup (F in the early days) and I'm fine to feed when lying down. One of the advantages of being bigger is that you can feed from either breast without having to roll over lol. I actually wish I tried feeding this way in the early days as I found it more painful to sit up to feed than to just plug her in, it would have also meant that I was a lot less sleep deprived.

I'm now +G cup (my G cup nursing bra is too small now :dohh: ) so my breast needs holding up in place no matter what position we try and lying on my side it just kills my shoulder to take the weight of my body while supporting my boob :cry:

How are you doing it? I always lay down and rest my head on my arm, I could then use my other hand to manipulate my breast slightly, usually just until Kaya latched on, then I could go to sleep lol.

I discovered it when Lily was a few months old and we haven't looked back! That's definitely my first choice of position.

i love doing this at night helps me since i am always falling asleep

How are you doing it? I always lay down and rest my head on my arm, I could then use my other hand to manipulate my breast slightly, usually just until Kaya latched on, then I could go to sleep lol.

If I use my free hand it gets between me and Jack and he won't latch! Also if I'm not raised up off the bed a little then my boob needs lifting quite high for him to get a good shot at the nipple!! Not tried it in quite a few days though, as I said, it also really hurts my abdomen from the section.

When Tristan was just born and for the first few weeks, this was my favourite breastfeeding position!

xxx

I love feeding in bed - if Hebe wakes early it's great as we both seem to doze off....:cloud9:

This position has been a godsend with Oscars broken nights. We bring him into bed most nights and I feed like this...sometimes its 3am sometimes its 6am, sometimes like last night its 11.30pm! Means I get some sleep though so I love it.

I learnt to feed this way as I couldn't sit up to feed after my c-section.

Now I just do it all the time because both Jasper and I fall asleep while he feeds... its great!

Harley has only just got the hang of this but you can be sure the second i fall asleep he wakes me up looking for it as it's fell out of his mouth :dohh:he's so impatient and just sucks what ever is in front of him so i have little love bites all over my breast from where he thinks he latched on, :rofl: poor child fed from his daddies muscle for 10 mins yesterday before he realised nothing was coming out and that it was daddy and not mummy.

Harley has only just got the hang of this but you can be sure the second i fall asleep he wakes me up looking for it as it's fell out of his mouth :dohh:he's so impatient and just sucks what ever is in front of him so i have little love bites all over my breast from where he thinks he latched on, :rofl: poor child fed from his daddies muscle for 10 mins yesterday before he realised nothing was coming out and that it was daddy and not mummy.

Awwwwwwww!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"