BFP as of yesterday :-)

anteater

Reaction score
Hello to one and all. I am so, so glad to be joining you. I didn't know how easy it was going to be to conceive as I am nearly 35 and my partner is nearly 50, but here we are :happydance:

I did the digital test yesterday (1 day past my period being due) and it said 1-2 weeks on it. I have a couple of questions as this is a whole new world to me.

I understand from the books that this means they call it 4 weeks pregnant (I can't believe I am saying that word) is that correct?

I know it's very, very early days and I am really scared something is going to go wrong. I am trying not to think about it. I just want time to speed up to the 3 month marker or at least so that I get some pregnancy symptoms (although I am sure I will regret saying that when they come).

I am quite bloated and this also scares me because it's one of my pre-menstrual symptoms (although I have no others). Is this normal so early on?

We have just moved house so I don't have a GP in the area. Is there any other medical professional I can go to instead?

Thanks for reading.

Awww, congrats!

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions cause I've never been pg but I'm hoping for one soon. I'm sure that the ladies in 1st tri can probably help you out with that though.

Again, so so happy for you. Enjoy these next 9 months and your little bundle of joy.

congrats babes reg at a docs asap babes there must be one local

its usual to experience cramps bloatedness etc

once the symptoms come you will wish them away lol

yep id say you're just over 4 weeks now...congrats! dont worry too much about the symptoms...pregnancy symptoms and period symptoms are annoyingly similar!

Maybe if cannot get to docs maybe an EPU near by can help u? xxxx

Congratulations!

What you are feeling is completely normal! One of the confusing things about early pregnancy is that pregnancy symptoms in the first couple of weeks can mirror oncoming period - i.e. sore boobs, pms, slight cramping, backache - that is why most girls don't know for sure until they do the test. At around six/seven weeks (sometimes earlier), some people start having morning sickness (although, not everyone). This usually allieviates by the third month of pregnancy as the placenta takes over from the hcg hormone.

I would phone your GP to register at some point in the next few weeks as they will want to get you a midwife appointment for around 8 weeks of pregnancy for booking in and to book your 12 week scan - very exciting!

Congratulations again!

xxx

Aww, thank you all.

I told my parents today. We had a group hug and a few tears were shed. I have had health problems since childhood so we didn't know if this day would ever come. I am on cloud nine at the moment. I just want to tell the whole world.

Congratulations on your :bfp:

Bloating is totally normal. As soon as I get my :bfp: I'm convinced I look 5 months pregnant :rofl: But its definately just bloat.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months and beyond xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"