BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

TTC- Sorry for the disappointment, I hope that you feel better now.

Rain- Great to hear that work is going better now, and congrats on your presentation! Have fun at the spray parks with your little ones! About our daycare situation, DH and I will tag team and take a half day off whenever it closes. Luckily we both have understanding bosses. It's such an amazing daycare for gummy that I'll try to overlook the constant short notices. The daycare lady is wonderful otherwise!

Wish- What an adventure it must be bathing twins! The 30 days of healthy living thingy sounds great. Hope it works well for you!

Hope- Good luck with this cycle! I too think you should call, they should be able to at least answer your question over the weekend.

I'm currently stressing out and preparing for our giant trip! We fly back to Singapore first, and it's almost a 20 hr flight :wacko: Then to Mauritius (8 hr flight) after a week, then back to singapore after 2 weeks. 1 week in Singapore and then back here. It seems like a crazy undertaking with a 6 month old baby! And in Mauritius, we're going for DH's brothers wedding. I have to be part of the bridal procession and get a saree done for me to wear, as it's an Indian wedding. Well, at least we get to meet our crazy friends from our DINK days back in Singapore. It will be so different with a baby, though!

So my doctors office said I should go to ER which I did. They did a scam and blood work and found nothing wrong and quiet ovaries and sent me home. I have no idea what's causing the pain.

During the scan they measured my uterine lining and it was 6, i even had them double check. My RE said it was 8.6 just 2 days ago. DO different machines measure different?

Miki- when do you leave? That is QUITE the adventure, can’t wait to hear all about it!!

Hope - yeah I remember when friends on here would get their lining checked once at one number, then they’d shift and the doc would take it again and it would be different. I’d trust your RE.

are you feeling better now?

My folks have booked another trip up here - they’ll be here from 6/7-6/14. That’ll help us out with one week of daycare and get them up here almost a month earlier than when they were planning. They missthe boys terribly. That said, DH has already started in on how painful it’s going to be for him (my mom gets really anxious around him I think and in an effort to not step on any toes, she stomps all over them :( )

Hope- The uterine lining is only a few millimeters thick, so I imagine that a different machine or person could quite easily yield a different measurement. Hopefully your RE's measurement is the more correct one! Are you still feeling pain? How are the PIO injections going?

Wish- How nice that your folks will be visiting soon! Hopefully there won't be any tricky situations between your mom and DH. Oh, we leave on the 8th. Argh, it's so soon, I'm not prepared! I'm so worried that gummy's sleep routine will be so utterly messed up the entire trip. There's no way I can prepare him for a 15 hour time difference! And all that flying and more time changes in between...

I pumped for the last time yesterday, and I was sad as I put all the pumping parts and equipment away. I've been slowly weaning off the pump for quite a while, but it's still sad :cry: I'm going to give gummy more cuddles today. He had his 6 month vaccinations yesterday, a bit early as we will be in Singapore at the 6 month mark. I always feel bad for him as he is so happy and playful at the doctor's, as he doesn't know what's coming. He kicks and giggles happily. This time around, he rolled onto his tummy and scrunched up all the paper lining on the examination table. Then he took a big bite out of the paper mound. He did cry when he got his shots, but he recovered quickly and was sleepy and happy.

aw miki - I feel you. I am weaning off of nursing and pumping this week. I will be putting mine away soon too - I was able to nurse Timothy one last time last week and I cried. NEVER IN MY LIFE did I see that coming! You've done such an amazing job providing for Gummy - 6 months is awesome. I'm down to 4oz every other day now so I should be done by this weekend, I'd think.

Hope - how are you doing?

TTC = how are you doing?

Today is my 'friday' of the week b/c it's an Off Friday week AND my meeting schedule finally worked out so I can work from home today. I'm so excited! AND I barely have any meetings today (at least as of right now) so I can get some stuff done around this place while watching my email. Tomorrow I'm going to weed our completely-green mulch beds and hopefully afterwards, plant our garden. That's a lot of time in the dirt! Saturday - nothing going on but on Sunday, I have my first 5k in a long time. It's going to be a busy June for us - folks in, extended family on Jon's side in from Iowa/Chicago, another 5k, a concert, 2 baby/wedding showers, Father's Day. Whew! I might have to take a vacation in July!

Im feeling much better. We’re actually taking off after work tomorrow to spend the weekend at Disney. Fx for acceptable weather!

Wish - wow you are busy! I love yard work, it's so relaxing!

TTC - Hope you had fun at Disney

Miki - Thanks

So I had my transfer...now the waiting. Of course I am a POAS addict...this morning I either got an evap or a super early start to something good. I posted here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/2463765-see-anything.html

Hope- I think I see something... If I look away and look back, I think I see a squinter. Fx it's a BFP for you!

TTC- I hope you all are enjoying Disney!

Wish- Wow, you're so busy! Glad to hear that all facets of your life are going so well. Hope you had a great 5k! I envy you, I love gardening but we have no yard.
Poor you, it's so hard to stop nursing :hugs: I almost feel it was a good thing I had to stop early, so I could get the grief out of the way.

Well, we're now packing for the trip and I'm stressing! It's so hard to pack for a baby, for the first time. Plus a big wedding. And a bunch of planned group activities in Mauritius. And I threw my back out on Friday night, it's really bad. I am struggling to get things done, and lying down doesn't even seem to help. Ice is my friend right now.

We have been going to people's houses for parties the past 3 weekends. Gummy stays awake for the entire 4 or 5 hours, as he finds it all so interesting. He loves interacting with people. Luckily he seems to just fall back into his sleep pattern when we go home. I hope this bodes well for the trip, as he's going to be subjected to tons of gatherings and outings!

hope - I see it! How have results been since then?

miki - the little social butterfly in training! :) man, that WOULD be stressful having to pack that much. I'd pack all the clothes - ha! He could even have a growth spurt while you're gone! :shock: I'm sure you'll all do great. What's the weather like over there right now?

My weekend was fun! I got a lot done, so I feel good. Weeded as promised on Fri, got some errands done, bought the plants for the garden. Then planted those on Saturday while DH hung inside with the boys. I've come down with either bad allergies or a cold (who can tell??) so I didn't overexert myself. And then I had the 5k yesterday - kind of a bummer b/c I didn't run with a friend, DH was cranky and just hanging out with the boys inside the brewery b/c it was a touch too chilly outside for them so I basically just ran and we left. AND - get this - AF decided to rejoin my life SECONDS prior to the gun going off!! The icing on the cake of running my first 5k in a couple of years - to do it with my first AF in 14 months and with no preparation for it! :grr:

Disney was fun but HOT!

Bella started the one year old class today! She's technically 16 months old but they wait to move them until they are great walkers. She wasn't happy about being dropped off this morning since it's new to her. Hopefully, she'll adjust quickly, though.

I'm gearing up to O.

glad you had a good time! did Bella love it? I have no idea when we'll get to Disney. We're going to have to cut off limbs or take out a loan for it, though!
aw Bella getting into the big kids' class!

Hi everyone,

I feel a bit embarrassed at how long it's been since I last posted. I haven't had time to catch up on posts since April, but I wanted to say hi and update you all on how things have been.

First of all, it has been a wild ride since April 13! As I think I mentioned in a quick note around that time, I was admitted to the hospital due to dangerously high blood pressure. The plan was to induce as soon as possible, then my BP responded to medications and they allowed me to wait a few days before inducing labor. However, I had to be on magnesium (IV) to make sure I didn't have any seizures or a stroke. The magnesium basically counteracted any effects the pitocin had, so I didn't progress beyond the 3-4 cm dilation that they did with a catheter balloon, even after three days. So on April 19, they did a c-section and our little Miriam Elizabeth was born at 34w+5d.

She weighed just 3lbs 15oz, although the last ultrasound had estimated her weight at 4 1/2 lbs and she should have gained close to a 1/2 lb by the time she was born. So we were surprised. She stayed in the NICU for a week and then went to the step-down Special Care Nursery to feed and grow. I got a blood infection from having my waters broken for more than 18 hours before she was born, but it resolved fairly quickly after she was born (within 2 days). However, the fever meant I couldn't see Miriam until 2 1/2 days after she was born (at night on April 21). I got blood clots in two superficial veins and had to be on blood thinners for 6 weeks... it was no fun. However, I did recover better from my c-section than I did from laparoscopic surgery I had almost three years ago for an ovarian terratoma (dermoid cyst)! I feel pretty good now - but that first week was pretty awful.

Miriam was pretty healthy from birth and didn't need oxygen or much in the way of medical support in the NICU, which was great for her gestational age. However, she really took her time figuring out how to coordinate sucking, swallowing, and breathing to be able to eat. She lost weight and ended up at 3lbs 3oz before starting to rebound... very slowly. She finally got the hang of it and came home with us on May 21, just after she was a month old. She weighed 5 1/2 lbs at that point.

Today, she weighs just 6lbs 1oz and is very petite, but has a ton of personality. She "talks" a lot during feedings and makes some of the funniest sounds while she sucks on her pacifier! DW and I are completely in love and it was definitely all worth it, but I don't think I'll be trying this whole pregnancy thing again... too much risk, due to about 20 different factors. In fact, one doctor I saw recently was relieved that I didn't plan to get pregnant again because she would have had to advise against it.

On top of everything, while Miriam was still in the hospital, I developed postpartum depression with some signs of psychosis, so I had to get treatment for that. I am feeling much better now, but it was quite a rough experience. Oh, and my mom totaled my car the day after Miriam was born, so we had to deal with all the logistics of that. Ugh! At least everyone is okay and we have a second car (now our only car) to get by.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I will try to catch up soon, so I know what's been happening with all of you. Thanks for thinking of me while I was MIA!

PS: I don't know why some of the photos are upside down... They don't look like that on my computer!

Attachments

• 20180419_205503.jpg
    20180419_205503.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180427_152435.jpg
    20180427_152435.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180507_205454.jpg
    20180507_205454.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180520_232154.jpg
    20180520_232154.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180526_160449.jpg
    20180526_160449.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
wicky!! I'm so glad you popped on!! Wild Ride, indeed!! Hooooooeyyyy!!

first off - welcome to the world, little Miriam! You're absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy that you're doing well, little one. <3
secondly - holy moly, that's a lot for you to have gone through, wick! Sounds like you came out the other side quite well, though, so that makes me so happy. I kinda figured there were things going on. So scary what can happen. Sounds like you're good with never doing it again, though!
Little M's already coming up on her 2 month birthday!! I love it!
how's the postpartum now? is it still lingering or has it gone away? Are you on maternity leave? are you nursing?
so many questions! need more updates! :friends:

Hope - how are you?

ask - how are you?

everyone else - how are you? ha!

doing well over here - folks got into town Friday morning so they've been snuggling babies pretty much since. My mom's already prepping herself for a good cry come Thursday when they leave. The boys are more like little people now so it'll be much harder. Timothy's been a little fussier lately, I think he might be teething. He's also doing this self-gagging thing, I have NO idea what he's doing but I hate it. Either he's testing out the limits of his tongue movements or he's gagging on saliva that he's not spitting out from teething. And he's back to daily or more than daily BMs, when he was at every 2-3 days for awhile. Some runnier than others. So crankier + more/different/runnier BMs + potentially gagging on salive = teething I think.
Any moms out there ever experience this gagging thing?? it's driving me nuts! I was shining a light down his throat last night trying to see if one of my hairs got caught in there or something (my friggin hair is everywhere lately - I'm chopping it on Wed).

Malcolm is doing awesome - he's so funny with all of the noises he's now making. He cracks us up. When he gets up in the morning, I ask him if he grew - he just smiles and stretches his whole body out almost with a 'YES!' response. Such a peanut! <3

Wicky! I'm so happy to hear from you, and that momma and baby are doing well :hugs: Miriam is so precious, and smiling in one of the photos too :cloud9: What a wild ride it has been for you. I'm relieved you and Miriam came through fine. I hope that you have good help for your postpartum depression. I'm sorry that you have so much to deal with. I hope little sweet Miriam brings you untold joy and helps you through your tough days.

Wish- nice to hear how much your folks are enjoying your little ones, and I know how hard it's going to be for them when they leave too. I'm struggling with that myself over here in Singapore. Sounds to me like T is gagging on saliva
Hopefully it's just that. Malcolm sounds like so much fun!

Gummy finally slept through the night here in Singapore! The plane ride was rough, 17 hours, and he slept for maybe 6. He had to sleep for 4 hours on my lap due to turbulence.one thing that was good was that asians love babies. Instead of getting the stink eye when bringing gummy on the plane, I got a lot of smiles! Gummy is so popular over here, he loves the attention.
It's sweltering hot here, though. And the north Korean summit thing ruined our plans to a fair bit. Poor gummy is tired from all the socializing too. Still, it's good that we made the trip back home for him to meet everyone!

So great to hear from you Wicky! What a whirlwind you&#8217;ve been through! So happy to hear that you and Miriam are both doing well now and are settled in at home. What a sweet, gorgeous baby girl!

Wish - glad your parents are having a good time with the babes! How is your husband handling their stay?

Miki - yay for making it to Singapore and for a full night&#8217;s sleep! Sounds like Gummy is getting lots of lovin!

I am doing well! 30+1 and going strong. Everything checked out great at my appt yesterday. At 32 weeks I&#8217;ll start weekly NSTs. Almost done with the nursery. DH has been working his butt off checking off our list of pre-baby arrival home improvement projects. Such a good man! Here&#8217;s the bump (or should I say bumps? Feeling very curvy these days!) :haha:

Attachments

• FA3D1B75-5158-4E20-BDA2-38D42B19CF72.jpg
    FA3D1B75-5158-4E20-BDA2-38D42B19CF72.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
ask - you look amazing! you're taking great care of yourself, well done!

miki - so glad you guys made the trip safe and sound and are having so much fun! gummy just sounds so awesome - you guys are so blessed.

my folks have eaten up the babies, it's been great! They are leaving today, though, so i'm expecting tears.

Wicky- congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!!! I’m so relieved to hear from you and glad things are going so much better now and you can enjoy getting your health back and enjoy your sweetie more and more from here on out!

I hear you on how hard not seeing LO is — I saw them once (besides them floating by in the nurses arms after birth) in the first 34 hours since I had to be on magnesium too. It was hard to be separated after we had been together for 9 Mo!

Sounds like you’ve been through a lot of scary stuff - from the pregnancy and birth- and might need some major TLC and time to process and get back to your old self again. Do you have supportive and fun visitors? Is DW being amazing? How is your MIL? Do you have postpartum doula help?

More later!! -rain

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

Wicky - sorry about what you went through but sounds like you’re back on track now and ready to enjoy life with your LO!

AFM - I’m having a wacky month. I had a positive OPK on CD17. My temp shift didn’t happen until CD21, though! So, now I have no idea when I Od and I need to catch a bfp early for progesterone supplementation. Any guesses? I had significant ovulation pain on CD18 but had ewcm on CD20. I’m so confused! Slow rise maybe? Or just geared up to O earlier than I actually did?

that's quite a dip today, TTC!

how's everyone else doing?

I'm doing well over here - just loving every minute with the boys. We had a good Father's Day except DH came down with Malcolm's cold so he wasn't in the greatest mood. And it was hot outside so we're still enclosing ourselves inside until the boys are 6 mos old and can wear SPF. So it's kinda boring just hanging out inside while it's so sunny and beautiful out. But watch out 7/15!! we're going swimming!! :)
My fave new thing that Timothy does is when he gets really excited to see me, like first thing in the morning - I'll pick him up and he'll squeal and screech and grab my face/hair/neck and try to eat my face (I assume his version of kisses). He's so mental, I love it sooooooooo much. Malcolm gets excited too but not to that extent - he kicks his legs and stretches his whole body out so straight and coos as loudly as he can with his little lips together. So priceless.
We had a great visit with my folks. They drank in as much as they possibly could of the boys for the whole week. They are simply in love. It was funny, though - for people who usually go to bed at 11:30 every night, they were in bed around 8:30 when they were here b/c they were so exhausted!! :haha:

I hope everyone is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->