BFP! First cycle of DS IUI.

mirandala

Reaction score
I'm 14 dpo today, and on the night of 12dpo I had my BFP!!! I was a little of a POAS addict (I think I went through 20 all in all, it's my first time ttc!) and nothing nothing nothing. I did 3 on the morning of the 12th, including the SurePredict 10 iui, frer, etc. All negative. On the night of the 12th I had a clear positive on the SurePredict, and then the next morning on the fr, and then on a cb a very light positive on the 13.

This was my first cycle of SD IUI. I'm a queer momma, I have a parter but we are not parenting together. My partner and I are not having the baby together as we have only been together for about a year and we aren't really ready for that commitment. I decided to make this choice because I'd had fertility testing done and I have low ovarian reserve and the doctors only give me a few more years of fertility. After contemplating freezing I instead started with IUI. I used DS from The Sperm Bank of California, and they were really good.

I feel my ovulation pains usually, and after a month of opk and feeling my ovulation I knew that I ovulated in the night of the positive LH surge. A midwife came to my home (I live in San Francisco so there are quite a few at home IUI midwives) and performed the IUI in my bed at about 11:30 at night. I went straight to sleep and hoped I had the timing right. After I read somewhere that only 5% of successful IUIs are done within 12 hours of the positive test, so I thought I had messed it up and was probably out. Thankfully I knew my body and I am in that 5%!

After a tww (the worst!!!) of lots of symptom spotting, I got my BFP!

A few symtoms:
1 dpo on- I had cramping in my uterus througout the tww.
At 3dpo I flew across country. I was very nauseous for the flight (I've flown a LOT and never been nauseous)
7 dpo- Hives. My second time ever getting them, the first an allergy to medicine.
Sore/swollen BBs
Gassy from here on
8dpo- stuffy nose head cold lasted for a few days
11dpo- I had cramps, sore bbs, I thought maybe I was just expecting AF and gave up hope since all BFNS.

I ovulated early in the cycle, so my due date is 28 Dec. YAY EXCITING.

One weird thing- yesterday when I woke up one of my breasts had really swollen up and the other hadn't. It is really noticeable. They were always a little uneven, but now they are really. I hope they even out a little!!

Thanks for reading. I'm so excited!!

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy. I hope it sticks!

Congrats! I'm a to-be-gay-mama too. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations sweetie <3. I wish you a H&H 9 months! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back