BFP -- O'd cycle day 29, can it still be okay?

kkompan

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I haven't been on for a while. Sort of gave up hope after my last miscariage.

I'm almost 39, TTC almost 3 years. One ectopic, one miscarriage, and very difficult to get pregnant (LOW AMH).

But I just got a surprise BFP!! And because my cycles are so long / out of whack, this BFP comes on CD42!

I took 2 tests last week, both negative.

I know I didn't conceive before 2/11 because I was away from DH. So... I guess what I'm asking is, I obviously ovulated WAY late, like CD29 or later, can this pregnancy still be viable??

I heard if u O after CD21 or so, it's usually a bum egg?

I'm stuck between shocked and not wanting to get my hopes up, AND THRILLED :)

I really have no idea, but I wanted to wish you good luck!!!!!

I don't see why O'ing later than usual would cause a pregnancy not to be viable. It just means your follicle matured later than usual and the egg burst out at that time. It has nothing to do with having "old" eggs. At birth we are born with all our eggs so I wouldn't worry.

Oh and congrats!! H&H 9 months to you!

Thanks ladies. I just wanted to update this incase somewhere down the line is looking for same info. I got a healthy scan at 6 1/2 weeks, nice strong heartbeat :) So maybe it doesn't matter after all (fingers crossed)

It doesnt matter one bit :) I have very wonky cycles, and I fell pregnant, ovulated on cd51, got a BFP 10 days later, and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Congrats :)

I had a positive opk on cd 27 (only time we dtd that month as hubby working away) and I now have a beautiful healthy and very energetic 22 month old son. Congratulations and enjoy your pregnancy :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->