BFP test line fading? Really need your help please! Update: Found out I miscarried :(

mikaylasmommy

Reaction score
The first 3 tests I took when I found out I was pregnant were FRER and the BFP's got progressively darker (I took one every other day). After I ran out, I went and bought Answer brand pregnancy tests 2 days later. The first test I took was with FMU and was still positive, but REALLY light. I just chalked it up to it being a different brand and thought nothing of it. Two days later, I tested again with FMU and the test line was a bit lighter. Still positive, but noticeably lighter. Today, it was even lighter (hardly even visible) than the other day!

After freaking myself out and having a good cry, I ran to the store to grab a First Response Gold Digi and it was a BFP straight away.

Could this mean something still? Has this happened to you with a specific brand and continued to have a normal pregnancy?

I'm so worried all the time that I'll lose another baby... :cry:

It sounds like the answer barand is not as good as the FRER. I know it is so hard not to test to check the lines but try and leave them alone and think positive xx

Different brands have different ammounts of dye so therefore can give different coloured positives- don't let it worry you- a positive is still a positive :). Even within the same brand their can be a fluctuation in the amount of dye they use. Also, you have no idea how dilute your urine is- it depends on many things such as how much you have had to drink (even the night before if its morning urine) or how much you wee on the stick (i.e.) if you wee'd on it less than before.

Try not to worry, these tests are devils and are no indication of an oncoming mc unless acompanied by other symptoms such as bleeding and very heavy cramping. I was addicted to tests in the beginning, but I was spending stupid amounts of money and its just not worth it, all they cause you to do is stress.

Good luck and bin those tests! :)

xx

I've not had experience myself of this but I've read a lot about other ladies testing and stressing when the results don't get darker progressively and things have turned out fine. The tests can vary in sensitivity from test to test, even same brand, so try not to keep testing. I know it's hard but try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy. Congrats on your bfp and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

Go for a blood test at docs surgery, that's what I did and it meant much less stress! X

hi hun the frer are below 10miu arnt they,well most answer tests are 100miu which means far from sensitive,use a digi or go bk to frer if you need to keep testing please dont change brands as it worrys you more as i did the same and im still here 8 wks later,i stopped myself testing in the end as i was making myself bad with worry,here is my answer test005.jpg is it the same one you used if so i was about 6 wks pregnant before it got this dark and it was the last one i did,good luck hun and im honestly sure ur ok its just from changing tests :hugs: x

Tests are evil i am having similar stress ive tried every brand and i have a wide range of results but out of all i trust frer however im not doing anymore as its causing anxiety. I also notice they still change shade over 72 hrs so u cant judge a new one against one u did a few days ago. U wil b fine but i know how u feel im dying to jump in the car upto asda !!!!!

Thank you ladies for the reassurance, but unfortunately, today I found out that I am miscarrying.

Beta levels dropped down to 23 and my doctor said he couldn't see anything in the ultrasound.

DH and I are gutted. :cry:

Stop peeing on sticks! You are already pregnant hehe.

Seriously though, as your hCG starts to multiply, you can actually OVERLOAD tests with too much hCG which can give you false negatives or light positives.

Just read your update. How far along are you? Because its almost impossible to see anything no an ultra sound until at least 6 weeks.

I was supposed to be anywhere between 5 and half to 6 and a half weeks pregnant.

I spent the last day or two bleeding bright red and heavily, with some pretty large clots. Doctor in the ER said to check with my OB in a week just in case to see if my levels do indeed drop more, although he said that he is "convinced" I am miscarrying. :cry:

Aww I'm so sorry hun. I had a Mc/Chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks. If that isn't bad enough, the awful "bad period" is horrid!

Thank you, and I'm also so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:

The "period" is terrible! And surprisingly very painful, although I was so early. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to stop bleeding?

Uhm, it lasted pretty much like a normal period. At first the Dr said I was just having "a bad period" because they did a urine test (with diluted urine and I barely had to pee) but then he had to give me morphine for the pain. I've had periods since I was 11 years old (I'm about to be 26) and have had some BAD cramps, but never once have I needed morphine! It was the nurse who told me about chemical pregnancies and that if I was getting positives at home then thats what was going on :(

It was a couple years ago but I don't remember it lasting longer then a normal period. It was just heavier.

Thank you. I wasn't sure what to expect! Again, I'm sorry for your loss and loads of baby dust to you and your OH while you TTC! :hugs:

So sorry to hear that! A similar thing happened to me during my first pregnancy; tested positive but super light, and not even 2 days later I miscarried. I was heartbroken, so I really feel for you and your husband.

mikaylasmommy,
I'm so sorry honey. this happen to me last month (May). I was getting postitives and then they went to neg. my doc sent me for blood test to check my beta and progesterone x 2 and they went down. I spotted for about 1 week and then I had the full blown AF. It wasn't bad though. Not heavy. I tried again immediately. I ovulated the same CD as normal. I had to count the full AF though as CD1. I did have to use OPK's because I didn't know though when I was going to Ovulate. There is nothing that can console you. You just have to pick up the pieces the best way you can. Noone can do it but you. I'm scared to death right now. I also have had two babies one died at 34 weeks and one at 24 weeks. Its hard to be scared the whole pregnancy but you learn to go day to day and be thankful for those. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

I also have had two babies one died at 34 weeks and one at 24 weeks. Its hard to be scared the whole pregnancy but you learn to go day to day and be thankful for those. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

I am so sorry for all of your losses.

And here_we_r, I totally understand. As painful as it was to lose my daughter when I did, I still feel so grateful and blessed that I was able to carry her for as long as I did. And to be able to see her gorgeous face and hold her, even though it was the most difficult thing I have ever, and will probably ever, have to go through, it was still just the most incredible blessing.

I hadn't told many people about this pregnancy as I was so early on so I don't really have anyone to turn to besides DH, but having you ladies definitely makes my heart feel a bit lighter. Can't thank you all enough. :hugs:

Anytime, My love! We have to stick together. If you need to cry and vent I'm here. I don't know how to use any of these features so I can't PM you. I would really love to stay in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->