BFP then Doc's BFN - what's going on?

LilacCats

Reaction score
I'm very, very confused. I am what I thought was two weeks into my new cycle. I was convinced I was pregnant last cycle with symptoms then got what I thought was a medium-heavy period, so didn't bother testing. We are in the TTC phase of this cycle so tried last night but this morning I have very light pink bleeding and cystitis symptoms. Thought bleeding was weird so did a pregnancy test to rule it out and got a !!! Very strong line came up immediately.

Then 2 hours later, went to see doctor (after drinking loads of fluid and weeing loads due to cystitis). She said my Boots home test was definitely positive but then did a docs test and it was negative. She has taken blood to see what the levels are like. Trouble is, I get married on Friday and then go away on my honeymoon so its currently unclear if I am pregnant or if I was pregnant and have since lost the baby.

Can anyone shed any light or have a similar story??? Could the urine just have been very diluted? Trouble is the HCG test won't show whether I still am pregnant tomorrow before I go on my honeymoon and because doc got a negative they won't scan me. Can you get a false positive? I'm going out of my mind here!

What is going on??? :hissy:

xxx

aww lovely, i have no idea whats going on.....maybe the test you done was a better miu?? why dont you go and get another tests and try again and see what happens.....no wonder you are goin out of your mind...i would be too!!

hope things work out....and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!! xxxx

hi i think maybe your sample was prob diluted,, and a test cant go from a line to no line i would nt worry too much same happened to me all depends on test and urine sample do one in the morning x

Hi Laura

Thanks, I've just done another one (different type) and it came up a :bfn: so its unlikely I think. I do have one more test for the morning which I'll try, but if I was 6 weeks pregnant and all going well I think the HCG levels would be high enough to show up. As I had a bleed almost like a period at 4.5 weeks I guess I need to fear the worst. :cry:

I'm trying to be positive and at least this might show that we can conceive, but it just wasn't the right time.

All the best

xx

Hope everything works out... Have a great wedding and honeymoon! :hugs:

Hope you get a good result honey. Have a brilliant wedding and honeymoon xxx

I really hope you get the result you want. Whatever happens, make sure you try and relax and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon.

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"