bfp today and feeling overwhelmed!

sheebee82

Reaction score
I got my first ever bfp this morning!!! I've been so focused these last few months I am embarrassed to admit that I have so much work/planning to do!

I also have so many questions like:

1. I don't have a primary care physician and have not been to my gyno in a few years. do I need a blood test now? can we wait for the first prenatal appointment?

2. do you need to pay/schedule prenatal appointments with every Obstetrician that you want to interview?

3. when should I tell my boss?

so this is a start, I have plenty more but these are my most important.

thank you for any help you can give me!!!

Congrats! I was the same way when my test was positive as it was a surprise since we weren't planning on a baby right now. I would schedule an appt with a doctor. My OB saw me first when I was 7 weeks. I had a test done to confirm and then it was the basic history questions. At 10 weeks I had my bloods drawn and my first ultrasound.

Now my husband couldn't wait to confirm so I called a primary doctor who took my insurance to have it confirmed 3 days after the home tests I took came back

I scheduled my first appts. I schedule all the other ones before I leave from the appt I'm at. I only pay what my copay is when going to the doctor.

I think the boss thing varies. I told mine early Bc of severe morning sickness. However I also got fired because I was too sick. Long story. Makes me mad. I worked direct care. Most wait to tell though.

Congrats on your your bfp:happydance:

DH and I started searching for OBs when we started ttc. I had the early blood work and scans but that is mostly because I was diagnosed with pcos and had started on clomid. My dr said that typically he doesn't schedule these things so early unless there is a history of complications or he has a very worried mom. I think unless you're high risk or have had past complications it may be by request you get the bloodwork.

Regarding interviewing i would say do your research first on what type of care your looking for and what kind of birth and find someone who has good reviews after that if you are unhappy with your choice you can change at any time. You don't get locked in.

I agree with Christina. The boss thing varies. I also told my boss very early due to m/s but I am also close with her and she knew do and I were ttc.

Good luck and a h&h 9mnths!:happydance:

Christina have you looked into the pregnancy disability act or your rights under fmla (not sure if the company you work for had over 50 employees) but there are protections in the law that prohibits employers from firing employee because of of their pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, which morning sickness falls under. Has anyone suggested that you may have been wrongfully terminated? Or have you looked into this at all?

Christina have you looked into the pregnancy disability act or your rights under fmla (not sure if the company you work for had over 50 employees) but there are protections in the law that prohibits employers from firing employee because of of their pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, which morning sickness falls under. Has anyone suggested that you may have been wrongfully terminated? Or have you looked into this at all?
A lot of people believe that it is because they didn't want to deal with a very sick pregnant woman. I was in my first 90 days. They had never once told me in the almost 90 days that I did anything wrong. Then one day I get called in and they said. You were sick this day and this day and you have to leave meal prep to be sick and you called out ONCE. Yep only once. They said they believed I was unable to do my job. So the way the thing was worded it made it sound like I was a horrible employee which wasn't the case at all. Yea I sat when I was dizzy. And yes I threw up a hell of a lot. But I was there. And I did my job. I got told that I refused to take ppl Somewhere because I called my supervisor and said i have been feeling dizzy and I don't feel safe driving a van around with clients. Asked If the other person could drive instead. I got sent home. They wrote I completely refused. I got told by my ex supervisors boss that she had five kids while working there so I have no excuse. At the time I got fired I had just been told to up my zofran because it wasn't working with the dose I was on. I actually chose to go to work that sick and miss my classes for school instead which almost caused me to fail before midterms.

I have not done anything about it. I disagreed with their thing they wrote and that was that.

I'm in HR and I see red flags all over this. I would suggest checking out the EEOC website and taking a look at what it has on pregnancy discrimination and maybe even giving the hotline a call to see if filing a claim is for you. I can tell you with certainty that being in your 90 day introductory period doesn't not allow for wrongful termination.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/pregnancy.cfm

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

I'll take a look. HR had no idea. They weren't even there when it happened. Heck I spoke with the HR lady the day before when I had to give her something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->