BH or Contractions????

snuggles82

Reaction score
Ok. I know this is my second, but it has been 4 years since I have dealt with this. I was wondering if these were contractions or BH's.
For the last 2 days I have been getting what I think are contractions (99% sure they are). They started in the middle of the night and were coming about every 8-9 min. for an hour. then they stopped, and have been coming on and off periodically in waves since then. These feel really strong, my whole stomach becomes hard as a rock and I have to breathe through most of them, with some of them actually taking my breath away. I have mild pain in my back, and shooting pain in my vajay-jay (which could be baby pressing on a nerve). They come more frequently if I get up and move around.
I am just a little confused if they are classified as BH contractions since they don't keep up any one pattern for too long. I always thought BH contractions were painless.

Thoughts?

Should I call my OB, or just wait until my appointment on Thursday?

I would def call.... If they are painful they might be something. Especially since its been since last night.

I would call. They sound like mine and the doc said mine were contractions... i didnt have the shooting pain though. It never hurts to call.

So I decided to call in sick on Tuesday and then rest for one whole day with no distractions to see if I could make these contractions stop on their own. Well I went in for my normal check up this morning and I was surprised to find out that I was still having contractions every 2-3 min. I was only .5cm dialated, so my OB wasn't overly concerned. He gave me medication to take at home to stop my contractions when they start.

The thing that I don't get is that he does not want to put me on bedrest or restrict my activity or anything. He also said that it would not be a bad thing for me to deliver at 35 weeks if I went into labor again. I know he is concerned about the size of my LO, but I thought doctor's don't like women to have their babies before 37 weeks or full term.

I doubt that the OB would choose for you to deliver at 35 weeks; I'm sure any doctor would prefer the baby get to 37 weeks. He probably just meant that it would be ok to deliver at 35 weeks. My doctor told me that it is pretty much universal policy to not stop labor after 34 weeks. My first baby was born at 34 weeks 5 days after my water broke and they induced me (because I was not dilated or effaced at all) - she was fine and didn't need any time in the NICU or anything.

Try not to worry, I've read of lots of women with early labor symptoms who then make it to term before their baby is born. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->